Trey Quinn-2014 WR Target

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by PBTiger, Sep 15, 2012.

1. PBTiger

PBTiger Founding Member

One of LSU's top WR targets for 2014Trey Quinn blew up last night against Evangel. Trey had 9 catches for 349 and 5 TDs in Barbe's 48-47 win over Evangel.

I can't even do that on a video game.

2. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

I'm a high school official.....I can tell you this guy is a monster......he may shatter all the recieving records in LA before it's all over with, he's been a 1000 yard reciever every year since he was a freshman.

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i didnt know barbe had heard of the forward pass.

4. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

much more in the last ten years. They've gotten some better skill players and a new coach with a more pass oriented philosophy. Barbe is a force now turning out big time prospects every couple of years.

5. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Bhelm ...help me out here, I'm hearing this kid had a great visit to the SC game, this kid will be very very good when he gets to wherever he is going, scary thing is that he has been a 1000 yard producer every year since he is a freshman....and is getting better and better, I was told his speed his jumped crazy like from last year to this year, since he started track last year, this kid could be a HUGE pickup for LSU if we get him next year.

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

He is one of those guys who is all LSU at this point.

tigerchick46 likes this.
  7. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Per ESPN GTN.......

BATON ROUGE, La. -- One thing Trey Quinn loves to do when making one of his frequent trips to visit LSU, is meet the famous former players.

Louisiana's leading prep receiver from Lake Charles, La./Barbe and a member of the ESPN Watch List for the 2014 signing class, Quinn was excited about having his photo taken with a former Tiger, New Orleans Saints WR Devery Henderson, during an unofficial visit to see LSU during Saturday's 21-17 loss to Alabama.

"He has met a lot of those guys and really respects and admires them," Quinn's father, Dave Quinn, said in an email, the Quinns' preferred way to discuss their son's recruitment.

While Trey Quinn loves to meet the pros, Dave Quinn reported his son thought he was watching another future pro at quarterback.

"He thought (Zach Mettenberger) looked like an NFL quarterback and made some big-time throws," Dave Quinn said. "He loved the catch by (Jarvis) Landry for the TD and the sideline catch by (Odell) Beckham in particular."

He loved to see the pitch-and-catch not just because, as one of the most prolific pass catchers to ever play Louisiana prep football, he loves watching a good passing game. Although Dave Quinn is an LSU graduate and life-long Tigers fan who often refers to LSU as "we" in his emails, Quinn said his son is being pragmatic in his approach to recruiting.

He is being recruited by several major powers and Texas A&M and Ole Miss, who have offered Quinn, are selling him on their potentially high-powered passing games.

"I think he is paying close attention to everybody's offense," Dave Quinn said, "and where he thinks he will best fit in."

That made Saturday a win for LSU in the eyes of Trey Quinn, who made the trip with his mother, the daughter of former Louisiana-Monroe and McNeese State head coach Bobby Keasler. Trey's high school teammate, 2013 LSU tight end commit Desean Smith, also made the trip.

With Mettenberger going 24-for-35 for 298 yards, Quinn got to see LSU's passing attack come into its own against the nation's No. 1 pass offense. Between the passing attack and the Tiger Stadium atmosphere, Trey Quinn walked away impressed, his dad said.

"Trey was thrilled at the atmosphere, said it was even louder than the South Carolina game," Dave wrote, referring to another game where Trey made an official visit. "And he was very impressed with the game plan the coaches came up with."