Trey Watkins Injury

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MobileBengal, Apr 3, 2010.

1. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

You know what? You're right! What was I thinking? We only had every player on the left side of the field in front of the bull pen, 2 of them laying on the ground, a runner on 2ND and the batter running to 1ST! But, I'm sure if he hadn't caught the ball he would have ran, faster than a speeding bullet, & tagged both of them out before they crossed home plate....why be a team player & take a chance on Gibbs possibly not making the out when you can do it all yourself?

You don't make careless decisions that could get you hurt or your teammate....that kinda stuff should have stopped in T-ball. When you play college baseball, there is no I in team! Not saying the kid isn't good, you can't take that away from him! But, he could stand to be just a little bit more careful! We lose our lead off batter, who works the pitcher to death, and who had what, 12 stolen bases on the year? If we're going back to the CWS, this team has to come together & since we have Renauldo back, everybody needs to stay healthy! :wink:

2. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

Uhh, guys who are out for themselves and not for the team don't hustle and make that kind of play. They stand around and watch everyone else bust their butts.

3. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

this! and not to knock on watkins, but he has dropped a few balls in the outfield. if i were Nola, i would have definitely called it off, but it was his right to catch it. have to have better communication. anyway, we're not doing so badly with trey out. he'll be fresh toward the end of the season when we need him most. mahtook is an absolute beast in that leadoff spot. bottom of the lineup needs to get better! you saw in the game wednesday night how poorly the bottom of the order is doing. 12th inning and delatte FINALLY hits something to plate a runner.

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

this!

it was nothing but an unfortunate accident due to lack of communication.

5. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

are you kidding me?!?! You learn since your in T-Ball that you go after EVERY play with the intensity that ALL three of those kids showed on that play. Kids that don't, stop playing after little league or maybe High School. Kids that do, make it to the Big Show.

Hell, you'll be seeing the bench on most teams if you don't show that intensity...especially on the defending college National Championship team

1 person likes this.
  6. chewie

chewie Glitched

I can't believe were having this conversation. Injuries happen in every sport, you roll with the punches and let someone else step up. Defensively there isn't a dropoff with dishon. All we need is for his bat to heat up.

7. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

offense, even though the bottom of the order isn't too productive, is the least of our worries. better defense and pitching is what the team needs to work on. i think ross going to the 'pen is going to be a significant boon to our pitching staff, but the SEC is tough this season. I think it is a bit stronger than usual, if not more balanced. LSU has been on a tear offensively scoring 29 runs in their last two SEC games.