Tribute to @red55

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

While it's true that red tended to lean too heavily on google and wiki for his opinions, he was clearly more knowledgeable about the world than any of you chumps.

CajunlostinCali likes this.
  2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

No he wasn't. @red55 used Google and Wiki to marshal arguments but often came to faulty unsupportable conclusions. His strength was never admitting fault or that his argument had no merit.
    I think ole @red55 saw everything he was arguing (in both politics and LSU football) for was about to come crashing down and he could neither face it or admit his losses.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I've met Red a couple times. I can assure you his persona here and sitting at walk ons over a cold Abita are completely different. He is a good dude and I think a few of us (myself included ) broke through his #1 forum rule, "don't let anonymous Internet characters get under your skin"

I will double down on the bottle of bourbon that he will soon owe me that he is back prior to kickoff.

4. kluke

kluke Founding Member

He wasn't in it for the conclusions, or to pick up information he may have missed; he was in it for the game- the argument. I learned years ago that just because you softened a point and gave him a little victory after days of posting - he felt no reason to reciprocate. He would just double down and keep hammering. And his facts were always validated facts; and your facts were always rumors. But I truly enjoyed going back and forth with him. And I think he would be interesting to sip scotch with.
    Hope he's back for our first woman president. President Fiorina

Winston1 likes this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You can wake up now, or maybe you shouldn't, you won't like what you find.

6. kluke

kluke Founding Member

That was not a serious comment, it was to poke the Red bear. Carly's moment has passed.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

@red55 brings a lot to this forum. He is informative, lots of people think he is some liberal but he really isn't. He's about as center as you can be. He researches his shit and he doesn't just post emotional shit like a bunch of us do. I miss the dude, and I hope he comes back soon.

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

His only fault is that he never practiced what he preached about debate etiquette. He told everyone their opinions, often ignored facts counter to his position, and loved to attack the poster. He usually did those things in the same post where he was chiding someone else about them and claiming he never committed those types of errors. For someone who liked to point out logical fallacies, he sure did not like it when you called out his.

LSUTiga likes this.
  9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

this.........we're lost a lot of quality posters over the years because their opinion may be counter to that of the majority.

I think red got tired of the same responses to literally every topic discussed here. it does get old

KyleK and COTiger like this.
  10. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

I think Jindal cut @red55 department's funding and he doesn't have internet access anymore.