Trip to Baton Rouge

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SCGamecock, Oct 10, 2002.

1. SCGamecock

SCGamecock Freshman

Hello there Tiger Nation! Thought I would register to try and get some helpful info from you guys.

My wife and I will be making our first trip to Baton Rouge next weekend for the game. We're looking forward to it and in fact, we're making a long weekend out of it. We're flying into New Orleans on Thursday, spending a couple of nights there, and then driving over to Baton Rouge on Saturday. I was hoping y'all could provide some parking info. You know, where's the best place to park for us visiting fans. And how's the traffic on gamedays there? I saw a campus map on the school's website and it looks as though the stadium is right in the middle of campus. They labeled some of the parking areas, but they look like parking for permits only. Any info y'all can provide would be appreciated.

I realize we both have games this weekend that we both are concerned about currently, but I look forward to talking some football with you guys after Saturday. Until then, stomp those Gators!!!!!!!!!

2. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Parking

Here is where a lot of visitors will be parked come to Baton Rouge on I-10 West it looks North infact it is North but the sign out of New Orleans says Baton Roge West. Come into Baton Rouge it should take you an Hour but Traffic will be heavy on Sat. as you come into Baton Rouge you will see the Hilton ( a tall building on your right as you come in. You want to take Acadian Thruway as you get off you will take a left at the light you will go under a tressel and to a light that is perkins go through the light. You will be on a 4 lane neighborhood after you come throught the light. Get in the Right Lane Follow this until you see the Lake on your Right as you pass the lake their will be a light the right lane goes right and the left lane goes straight since you are in the right lane you go right. this will take you along the side of the Lake as you zig zag on this road you will come up to the Parking you will see it on the left there will be a live Stock Barn you want to Park right in this area. This is the easiest place to get to trust me you can get in and out no problem.

PS. AFTER YOU SEE THE BARN ON YOUR LEFT DONT GO PAST THE ROAD JUST AFTER THE BARN ON THE LEFT BECAUSE IF YOU DO THE COPS AT THE NEXT ROAD WILL SEND YOU TO THE RIGHT AND YOU WILL GET LOST.

Good Luck

ITS SO LOUD YOUR DEAF

3. Pitkin Tiger

Pitkin Tiger Founding Member

I can't give you great details, but if you look

at the map and see Kirby Smith parking lot, you can try to park there if you get there before about 3:00 o'clock. It is free but has been abused since they are building the new apartment complex next to it. That is one place we will be tailgating if we are not in the "old golf course" grass parking lot further down off Burbank. It has more trees, but with 2 hurricanes the last 2 games, it has been closed to vehicles. Unless the weather forecast changes, it should be open for the 19th.

4. SCGamecock

SCGamecock Freshman

Thanks for the advice guys. Looking forward to the trip. I just hope the weather cooperates.