Troops in Syria

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by shane0911, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Not my question but Doubtful. You seem to only know what Obama says. Either you've got the largest set of blinders on or you're so invested in your argument you can't see reality.
    Again THE EFFING DIRECTOR OF THE FBI called ISIS a global threat. Why do you think you know more than he does? Does Google have more intelligence resources than the FBI?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
    Bengal B likes this.
  2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Bingo!!!!!
    But....but....but...Obama said.........

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Lets be clear, you're advocating mass genocide of Iraqi and Syrian civilians that have nothing to do with ISIS. Not even a total nut job like Trump is going to do that. A Republican Congress won't allow it. Our Iraqi, Syrian, and Kurdish allies on the ground know that they have millions of people being oppressed by ISIS that need to be liberated. 8 million people with only 30,000 ISIS militants among them. Massacring civilians gains us nothing but contempt from both our enemies and our allies and just creates more radicals elsewhere. Better to target the killers with technology just like we are doing. Fund the locals to take back their own land and people, just like they are doing. It's not completely sanitary, many civilians have been killed. But simply carpet bombing cites is a waste of our resources, a waste of lives, a waste of time, a waste of diplomatic capital and an abdication of the values Americans hold sacred. Its a Rambo vengeance fantasy.

Do you have any serious solutions?

4. red55

Stop crying and lying. I state my own damn opinions and I give my reasons and you know it. I just puncture your partisan notions with logic and you don't like that much. Tough shit. You rarely even have an opinion other than whatever Obama does is wrong and every problem in the world is Obama's fault.

He has his opinion, you have yours, I have mine. If he is talking about random acts of terror by home-grown terrorists claiming to be ISIS, then it is an international threat. I am talking about the Islamic State on the ground in Syria and Iraq and they are no global threat to become a Caliphate. ISIS the pretend country is a threat only to the countries they occupy and their neighbors.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

And France

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Getting a little touchy there aren't you?
    You and I may have opinions based on the little that is public information. The director has stated his conclusions based on a far more detailed knowledge base. To equate his position and ours is ridiculous. Methinks you take yourself a little too seriously.
    By trying to narrow the definition you avoid confronting the facts. ISIS is a threat to the stability of much of the west. By carrying out acts such as Paris the could force significant changes in our society for the worse. Chaos is their friend and it appears they're capable of creating it anywhere.

7. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Honestly if you are still in a city with these nut jobs in charge then you really don't have any qualms with the things they are doing, so if it's genocide to kill collaborators thanoso be it.[/quote]It's genocide! Look, there are 8 million impoverished people under the guns of ISIS. They aren't allowed to go anywhere or do anything under threat of summary execution. They are an occupied people. Is it possible that you don't understand this.

I am sure there are collaborators there, just as there were in France in WWII. But the rest of France did not have an opportunity to "leave" occupation. And we do not carpet bomb occupied people. it is not only a waste of billions, but it is ineffective and morally bankrupt.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Quit trying to throw facts at his argument, YOU'RE RUINING EVERYTHING!!!!

Bengal B likes this.
  9. red55

Methinks you get information from one source and think it is every thing on the topic. I've studied international geopolitics for along time and it is a lot more complex than one public statement by an FBI director. His job is combating threats here, so I'm glad he is taking it seriously. But the ISIS issue in the middle east is far more complex than that.

You exaggerate. Bin Ladin thought he could destroy the economy of the United States by bringing down the World Trade Center. He didn't come close. As much as these random acts of terror piss us off, they are pinpricks regarding "the stability of the west".

I preach pragmatism, balance, and the acceptance of reality. ISIS inspired terrorists are just the latest flavor of international criminals. They will be no more effective in "destroying the stability of the West", than Al Qaeda before them, or the PLO before them, or the Irish Republican Army, or Black September, or the Japanese Red Army, or Tim McVeigh. Tell me . . . when have terrorists ever achieved what they wanted from terror. Is Israel defeated? Are the British out of Northern Ireland? Did America collapse after 9/11? Did Roof start a race war?

No, it is ISIS on the ground trying to establish a terrorist country that is new and it is a major problem. But they can't win and we can't let them make us afraid. And they do not constitute a threat to our existence or our political, economic, and moral stability.

10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

You're so predictable Red. I cite from a broad and deep variety of sources the encompass both right and left. The meme of your opposition being totally composed of right wing wackos and haters is very tired and trite. Here is a repost an article in the Washington Post pointing out the strategy and providing examples of actions ISIS has used to attack the west and force the Muslim world to its side.

http://www.businessinsider.com/isis...s 2015-11-16&utm_term=Business Insider Select

Far fetched? Maybe but they're doing a better job of formulating it and putting it into play than our dear president has.