True Detective Season 2

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, May 8, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Man, so Season 2 kicked off and some things I noticed...

Collin Farrell's wife was raped and his son is actually the product of the the raper. Vince Vaughn gave Collin the guy's head on a platter, Vince is a shady business man/mobster. He bought off Collin, and now Collin works for Vince because Collin killed the raper. Rachel McAdams is very interesting. She studies knife play, Taylor whatever his name is, is ex military, they all 3 get brought into a case that could spell bad news for Vince, and will try to flip Collin.

The Taylor Kirtcher or whatever his name is, is obviously shell shocked, and Black Mountain was an op that had some significance.

Another thing I noticed, the kid is a ginger, doesn't look like the raper was a ginger and neither is Farrell, they haven't shown the mom yet, maybe Vince fed Farrell the wrong info so Farrell would off someone Vince wanted offed.

This is going to be good.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  2. LaSalleAve

Oh and I just figured out how to use the spoiler thing, I will start using for all television and movie discussions.

Sorry bout the Game of Thrones thread would have used it before had I known it existed.

3. LaSalleAve

Also wanna say the music is as in season 1 on point. Lera Lynn is killing it, "The only thing worth fighting for" is amazing and the song from last night "this is my least favorite life" was haunting and amazing.

Leonard Cohen does the intro song and it's great and Nick Cave has a track on there as well. Gonna be some great choons on this soundtrack.

4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Vaughn had lying eyes when he told him about the wifes rapist. Easy target when explosive emotions are involved. Who knows, maybe it comes out when ferrel rolls on him or exchanges truth for favors.

I like how the used the first episode to establish the characters before detailing the result of the crime. This is going to be a fun series. Vaughn is not an easy sell as a bad guy. Who knows, maybe a darker side opens up. He certainly needed a role like this to escape the character he has buried himself in.

5. LaSalleAve

That has to be the longest length of time he's ever been on film without talking those multiple sentences with no pauses for the period.

6. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I like Vince Vaughn, but his voice is too happy and peppy to play a bad guy... its like a goofball who tries to be serious... I'm just having a hard time buying it.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

love vince vaughn but his last few movies have been pretty terrible. ill have to give this show a shot due to lasalles enthusiasm.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Did you not watch season 1?

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

does it sound like it. i said show not season 2.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Dick