True Detective Season 2

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, May 8, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

See I didn't like him in Alexander, in fact that movie was incredibly terrible. But In Bruges, 7 psychopaths, Horrible Bosses he was awesome, he also played a crooked cop in one movie I thought he was good in too, Pride and Glory I think it was called.

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

The motorcycle dude told his woman he had to go out for a job. I couldn't tell if he was just trying to get away (and happened upon the dead dude by dumb luck bordering on unbelievable) or if it was his job to find the guy and report it. Anyone know?

I thought season 1 was great and trying to give this one a chance. Someone mentioned Woody and MM are producers for season 2. How involved are they?

3. LaSalleAve

He was trying to kill himself because of PTSD would be my guess. Don't know how involved Woody and MM are but the opening credits list them as executive producers.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Yea didn't like his in Pride and Glory, the Recruit, etc... Horrible bosses was ok but he wasn't in it much.

5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Really? That just happened??

Was just getting to like homey. Hope it ain't what it was.

6. LaSalleAve

.He was wearing a vest, think it was just a message, he isn't in the preview for episode 3 but notice the guy says "one of my detectives gets shot you're damn right I'm gonna be at the scene". Or something like that, he didn't say killed. Also did you notice the blast?

It's starting to get good.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  7. LaSalleAve

BTW, notice who the shrink was?

Here's a hint..... Doesn't look like he ever got Jessie's Girl.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

rick springfields in it? he banged whats his faces wife on californication playing himself. was hilarious.

as you were.

9. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I assumed he had a vest, but homey with the eagle head put 2 shells in him. If anyone fires twice, one of em less than a foot away from his gut, intentions are pretty clear. I'll be curious to find out just how he is A) found and B) alive. For a whole week, I will be tortured with the thought.

I like ferrel in this role. He is much more convincing as a loose cannon afterthought souless POS dude than he was anything else ever. Still not sold on vaughn being the tough guy he is supposed to be playing. The mayor dude is pretty awesome.

HCL in the eyes, how fucked up is that? Casper had a pretty agonizing end to say the very least.

That was rick springfield? No shit??

10. LaSalleAve

I would think that ole raven top would have known that when he shot him his guts didnt splatter all over the place, all you saw was material moving like he was wearing a vest.