True Detective Season 2

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, May 8, 2015.

1. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Him and his cop buddies had the same look. That "you should think about ducking" look. I expected there was a tip off when the mayor asked "does this justify the use for this kind of manpower".

Vaughn is starting to grow on me in this role. Slow and non deliberate, but his negotiation skills are catching on.

Chick playing guitar at the bar. She had bruised knees, just saying.

2. CajunlostinCali

Green and black on the mood ring.

Green: Mixed Emotions, Restless, Irritated, Distressed, Worried, Hopeful

Black: Fear, Nothing, Angst, Serious, Overworked, Stormy, Depressed, Intense

3 different shades of green, so maybe that ain't it.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

This season just isn't very good and I loved everything about the 1st season. Disappointing...

Colin is better playing the role of a guy cleaning up his act though. His accustomed dumbfounded look started to bother me again in the 1st few episodes. Vaughn showed me that he can play a serious part. I dont think it is his fault the show is just slow and not that interesting.

4. CajunlostinCali

What are you talking about? I have always wanted to see Rick Springfield get his ass kicked. I LOVE this show.

Seriously, I get you. It does not measure up to season 1, but I still like it. The tits on the red Vaughn is with are epic, but the lead chick cop, despite her mop top, makes me want. I put up with the rest just to hear that sharp tongue of hers. She has me wrapped up pretty tight, just sayin. I think her sister is gonna not end well, and I hate knowing in advance.

LaSalleAve likes this.
  5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

The red head intrigued me more in that Dezell pilot movie...I agree on the other. At least one of the main three has to go, right? Maybe the sister out lives big sis. But your probably right.

6. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I say Frank gets put down or goes to prison... I'm betting that Hippie Commune Dad is the mastermind behind everything.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think it's great too. It's even set up like the first season. Case solved early in the season but it really isn't, corruption, collusion, the only difference is the supernatural. Farrell has done a fantastic job in this series.

8. LaSalleAve

Collin Farrell may not make it out of the first 10 minutes of the next episode.

9. LaSalleAve

I figured from the jump Frank played Velcoro, that picture of the supposed rapist had black hair, how do 2 black hair people make a ginger kid? I'm sure it's possible doesn't seem plausible though. It was Frank's plan all along to get him a cop on the take.

10. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Not surprising that the show isn't great. I liked last season but it was more of a character piece. Those are hard to pull off with all actors. The young guy, whatever his name is, is distracting to me every time he's on screen. Like he's trying to channel Rust Cohle. I think Ferrel and Rachel McAdams are doing a good job.