True Detective Season 2

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, May 8, 2015.

1. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

He's 2 months sober, In a way. I think he uses frank to get position on the the whure party and saves confrontation for the end. Bet he comes up with the hard drive too. That, or it surfaces through the young cop by way of weirdness.

The end should be bigger than just finding lawn mower dude. WAY too many players to not go big.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Good episode. It was Dixon who gave the items to the Mexicans to pawn it. He also knew about the place in episode 4 being a cookhouse. Now the police chief and prospective mayor are at the Lodge party.

I don't get the criticism of this show, it's great.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Liked the episode as I have others and I expect a good ending to season. However I wish each episode had the same pace as the 2nd half of this episode and leave me wanting more. Not as deep and dark as I was expecting as a season overall. Story line flow and mystery factor are lacking imo. Don't think the show is horrible by any means and don't think my expectations based on season one is unreasonable.

4. LaSalleAve

It's basically the same exact thing as season 1, slow in episodes 1-3, with a wow moment for a few seconds at the end of episode 2. Then Episode 4 has a crazy action packed ending. The case is supposedly solved until they realize it really isn't, then the shit starts getting deep and here we are.

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I disagree completely. None of the episodes before this one left me feeling like I needed more now. Just left me feeling blah this better get really good fast and it still hasn't.

6. LaSalleAve

RIP Woodrow

We have been watching True Detective all wrong.

Wait til the entire season is out, then binge watch the whole thing or 4 and 4. This season is really good.

7. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

you are trying too hard. just admit that it sucks. there is nothing sympathetic about the characters and Pizzolato struck out on this one. He may never work again.

8. LaSalleAve

It doesn't suck. It's a great show, just because the general public has the attention span of a 3 year old doesn't mean this show sucks.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Do you enjoy being bored? Is that why you like soccer?

10. LaSalleAve

Soccer isn't boring.

mobius481 and KyleK like this.