Military Trump abandons the Kurds

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Oct 7, 2019.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You guys really need to learn more about that entire region. It is a shit show from border to border. The kurds conveniently tagged along on our ISIS fight to fuel their own little revolution. That is not our business. They also had three years to establish themselves and they failed. The bottom line is our job there is done and it's time to get out. These savages don't want democracy and love to hate each other, it's time to let them.

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Yes we did. Remember the honor and duty you were supposed to have when you were in the service.

3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Honor? There was no honor in dying in Vietnam for the whims of politicians who had no intention of winning that war. No honor in dying for the likes of pompous self righteous asses who gladly volunteer someone elses children but not theirs or volunteering themselves.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    TBTrumpet, lsu-i-like and Bengal B like this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Of course I do. What part of "Its NOT OUR FIGHT" do you not understand?

We don't owe them anything, they were paid and supplied for the fight against ISIS. Its is not our responsibility to protect them from the rest of that region.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Exactly how many rounds have been thrown your way?

shane0911 likes this.
  6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yea. To the US. Not the sand pit.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Even if we do want to save the world, we can’t afford it. Spend that money at home.

Bengal B likes this.
  8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

There is no honor in an unhonorable war. Vietnam had men of honor who died for nothing. Winstons righteousness about honor is awful when it come to the Middle East.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

This will be my last comment on this subject.....not politics or elsewhere. I believe many have used the very valid debate on how, when and where we should deploy our forces as a blind to excuse Trump’s actions. The issue I raised was the Trump made a decision after a phone conversation with Erdogan and no consultation with his foreign policy or military team. He provided no warning to the Kurds. His actions led to forced retreat of our forces....so precipitous that we had to bomb our own abandoned bases to prevent the Turks and Russians from using them.
    Not only that the troops aren’t going home but to western Iraq an even more dangerous place.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...-troops-leaving-syria-will-go-to-western-iraq
    As to your dismissal of our loss of honor I ask you to listen and read the comments of the troops in the field who to a man deplored what they were forced into.
    To say this was anything but a disaster is to stick your heads in the sand.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  10. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

No troop wants to give back territory they faught to take. That was true at the beginning of time and will be true at the end of time. Doesnt always make it the right move.

lsu-i-like likes this.