trump asks the Supreme Court for "total immunity"

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Jan 18, 2024.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

as president, obama killed american citizen anwar al-alwaki. do you understand why he can legally do that and you cannot? there was no trial, Obama just murdered him. why isnt Obama in jail?

shane0911 likes this.
  2. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Well in all fairness, the former press secretary DID say that he shouldn’t have been there. That’s a defense, right?

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

nah if memory serves, al-alwaki was an american born Muslim with his family from yemen or some shit. so he had American birthright citizenship. but he was a terrorist so we blew him up with a drone or missile I cant remember, over in bumfuckistan.

the ACLU and others said this was an unconstitutional extra-judicial killing by Obama, and it was in fact Obama who had ordered the strike. but Obama, having presidential immunity, was allowed. of course Obama has the corporate press and shit on his side. he would never go to court, because they were not using the justice system as a weapon against Obama.

so when in court last week they tried to make it appear absurd that trump has immunity, and asked if he could literally kill somebody, in order to make the point that he obviously cannot. but the precedent is there. a president can and has called for the killing of an American citizen, with no trial, no due process, nothing.

the idea of presidential immunity is far less absurd than trump critics are willing to admit.

the system still works if he has immunity, we just have to impeach him first if he starts acting crazy. this protects him from frivolous charges, as he should be.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

I am listening to the live arguments on the colorado case to take trump off the ballot.

the only question is whether trump wins unanimously, I think he will. its possible he wins 7 or 8 of 9. but he is gonna win. easily. this case is stupid.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

I was right yet again

LSUpride123 likes this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Yes but there is cause for concern. Most think this court is a 6-3 split but it's anything but. I see it 3-3-3 with Jackson, Mayor and Kagen being the libs. Gorsech, Thomas and Alito are going to be right and who the eff knows which way Barret, Kavanaugh and Roberts will lean.

The comments on this case are anything but favorable heading into the next big case.

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

I think the supreme court is the most competent institution in our government. i like barret and gorsuch. i know you may disagree. i think they can be relied upon to lead the court to a wise decision most of the time.

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

we have a problem here in our discourse, where any statement that be construed as either pro trump or pro-russia or both is shouted down and the person saying it is proclaimed to be a fascist.

this is why we do not push the government on who blew up the nordstream pipe. Putin says we did it and he is right. the media wont touch it. its very important but our media fails us.

on the colorado case, it was absurd from the start but any moderate or liberal who would say that out loud would be shouted down as a klansmen. and the legal nonsense was obviously idiotic from the start! trump has not even been charged with insurrection, by a party and DOJ who wants to charge him with that more than they want to breathe.

thank the forefathers for being incredible, and this system of checks and balances, and cfor lifetime appointments. even the liberal justices agreed on this one and do not fear for the angry mob of liberals firing them. brilliant of the founding fathers to make it work this way, else they would fear the liberal mobs.

regarding trump, people who are not secure in their intellect can never say anything that can ever be construed as for him. he is seen as purely the king of the mindless southern racist whites that didn't go to college, and every insecure intellectual fears being identified with them. not me I like those folks just fine.

kcal likes this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

It certainly used to be but not anymore. Roberts and now it seems Barret are listening to and involved in the media as well as the politics and they shouldn't be. The message from ACB yesterday was alarming

people are just genuinely dumber now, at least some. The ability to think and formulate an original and objective opinion has been abandoned and turned over to people like joy Behar and Rachel madcow. It's sad

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

why? social media increased groupthink and social pressure? rewards snark and not thoughtful consideration:?

shane0911 likes this.