Trump may crack down on Cannabis

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Frogleg, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Funny @GiantDuckFan the liberal democrats have been trampling over state's rights for 60 years to get their "social justice" programs enacted. Now they're whining about states rights and protesting the very thing they pushed for. Well they get no sympathy from me.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Does that make it right though? I will stand by the people that disgust me if they are right.

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Make what right? I dislike Sessions actions and support the state control of Marijuana similar to state control of alcohol.
    My point is the liberals in Oregon and other leftist states are being hoisted on their own petard. They've reaped what they sowed. Now if they learned a lesson it would be worth it but they're so narrow minded they won't and will want federal enforcement of whatever new laws the have a feeling about. They're no more right that a right wing zealot who extols family while screwing his secretary. Hypocrites both.

LaSalleAve and GiantDuckFan like this.
  4. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Oregonians want social justice,.. and the right to reap and sow

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

By state control do you mean you are against allowing people to grow their own pot for their own consumption? While alcohol is under state control and regulation it's not illegal for a person to make their own beer and wine. Not sure about hard liquor. I have made beer a few times in the past and it's better than most beer you can buy in the store and a lot cheaper. I think it costs me about 15 cents per 12 ounce bottle once I had bought the equipment and had enough bottles to keep recycling them.
    Pot should be the same way.

6. GiantDuckFan

Your're generalizing @winston,.. lumping Oregon in with, " the other leftist states", is about as accurate as saying you're a conservative like kikicaca.

Oregon has historically had a strong State government, and a tradition of doing things the Oregon way,.. such as.

... the entire Oregon coast was declared public property, there are no private beaches, and property owners must provide access to the beaches.
    ... there's no sales tax in Oregon, voters have rejected a sales tax many times
    ... proposition measure 5, limits property tax increases to 1% a year.
    ... vehicle registration has stayed cheap $62 for two years,.. Californians can pay thousands
    ... Oregon created the nation's first bottle deposit law..
    .,. first state to adopt vote by mail
    ... can't pump your own gas, no self service gas stations
    ... first state to decriminalize marijuana
    ... the first state to establish a presidential primary, which requires delegates to support the winner of the primary at the National convention.

Winston1 likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So if you live near the beach you have to let a bunch of hippies trample your yard.

No chance of fraud in that one.

That doesn't make any sense at all but I guess it means a few jobs for those who aren't even qualified to flip burgers or be a barrista.

8. GiantDuckFan

mostly they fence off a trail leading to the beach,.. but yup, property owners really hate that law

nope, not a problem,.. works great, since 1998, we love it,.. you and I have discussed this before

more jobs was the original intention,.. but lazy asses like me love being waited on, voters have rejected every attempt to change the law.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I saw on some news channel that Trump was thinking of appointing Chris Christie to spearhead some sort of opiod addiction campaign? Jesus. Why not just make him the head of the health and human services. Their idea of remedying the opiod crisis is to lock people up.

10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

By states right to regulate the sale of liquor. While alcohol is taxed federally each state sets the rules of its sale and availability. Yes there should be a personal use and growth allowance similar what you mentioned about liquor.