Trump Tax Cuts & Tariffs

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Yessir. Diminished by Trump's Tariffs which have cost the American consumer 60 billion dollars just this year! So yeah, you might have gotten a $50 increase on your paycheck....but you are paying more for every other item that tariffs have been assessed so you got nothing.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't think all Democrats are lunatics but unfortunately all of the ones running for a are. Yang sounds a the most acceptable but he is for a UBI. That would never work.

3. Tiger in NC

I feel like the Democratic party has been pushed leftward by mostly Millenials who have never experienced the true benefit of capitalism like I have. They grew into the economy at a time when jobs were scarce and hard to come by. A lot of them have degrees that they never used that they took out too many loans for and now they are just screwed. Not saying I agree with them but I can understand their frustration. All of that said, we are in the primaries when candidates are doing little more than throwing out ideas to try and separate themselves and/or make the next news cycle. I don't care for it personally.

4. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

So, compared to when Trump took office the trade war with China has cost us, the American consumer, nothing? And then when China finally throws in the towel we'll all win bigly?
    giphy.gif

5. Tiger in NC

You can tally the math any way you want but saying it cost us nothing is a bit disingenuous. It has cost us an exploding budget deficit when we were trending in a better direction. This year it will cost us 1.2 trillion dollars. Next year it will be more. When we run budget deficits we have to borrow money. Guess who we borrow money from?

Yeah, we are really slaying them by borrowing another 1.2 trillion from them this year. How much leverage do you have over the bank when you borrow money from them? Do you even understand how any of this works?

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

As I thought, you don’t have your own thoughts on the matter. Typical.

Tell you what bud, make a case in your own words and we can talk.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

When you owe the bank $1 million, the bank owns you. When you owe the bank billions, you own the bank.

This metaphor applies to China btw.

Bengal B likes this.
  8. Tiger in NC

No, I started this thread. I've stated my thoughts on it. Besides, you are the one who said you have supporting data on your side and that it was very clear and objective. Let's see it....

See. This is what you said.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yea. I am waiting for you to put data In Your own words. You haven’t.

10. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

I just want to pay the least amount of taxes right now so i can invest in my (& families) future and retirement. Everything else is smoke and mirrors. I'm not really bothered by how much or how little money Uncle Sam is stealing from wealthy Americans.

I really won't give a shit about the US debt when i'm living comfortably in the Costa Del Sol, tending to my cannabis plants. Might even try to make my own wine.