Trump Tax Cuts & Tariffs

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Stand together? Stand together with who? The democrats? You talk Rand's fantasy but ignoring the fantasy of democrats "standing together" with republicans. The fantasy is democrats "standing together" to accomplish something positive like you know having borders, not trying to destroy the fossil fuel industry, take away our 2nd amendment, not passing laws that kill babies in and OUT of the womb and not trying to fundamentally transform America into another Venezuela among many many other things.

Is your obvious hate for Trump your example of "standing together" to accomplish things for the common good? Practice what you preach

Frogleg likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Who the hell doesn't want to pay the least amount of their hard earned paycheck in taxes as possible? To feel any differently is foolhardy. Do you like seeing your tax dollars being spent on all the givaways to freeloaders and entitlements? Self interest is at the core of our very being.
    If I can't take care of me and my family first I can't be in the position of helping whoever else I might choose to help.

el005639 and Frogleg like this.
  3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

the us economy holds the cards as the world’s most prolific economy...something like a quarter of the world economy? China cannot sustain currency manipulation long enough to ride out the tariffs

trump wins this if public opinion isn’t swayed

4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Nicely stated

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

So today we’re 1/4 of the world’s economy right? What percentage of the world economy were we 50 years ago? 70% or more. What percentage will we be in 10 years when China is predicted to be the world’s largest? What happens then? Oh yes India is getting untracked and growing.
    What happens when we’re not the key economy but just one among many?
    Then our debt won’t be so unassailable. What will happen to us, our children and grandchildren. Arrogance such as you show will bite you on the ass. As John Donne said
    “No man is an island “

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It's not that our economy has fallen short. It's that countries like China and India are pulling themselves out of the dark ages. It's inevitable that the the balance of economic percentage will change as billions of people advance and begin to become better educated and thus more productive. This is not necessarily a bad thing for Americans as long as our own economy continues to be strong. India has a democracy at least in name and is considered to be an ally of the USA. At some point as the people of China realize the opportunities that are possible for them they will tire of living under a totalitarian regime and there will be a revolution.

While none of us old farts will live to see that happen our children might and our grandchildren will.
    What the world will look like in 50 years nobody can say for sure at this point. The only thing that is inevitable is change and and while change will always eliminate some jobs it will open up other opportunities. This has been true since the stone age.

I really don't give a shit about masses of people in the aggregate. That's too all encompassing to fully grasp. I don't give to organized charities so tht can waste my money on salaries and fancy office furniture. I choose to help individuals who I feel deserve it.

7. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Nah...because this is your little game. When you are backed into a corner and asked to respond, you start asking questions and requiring that someone else re-explain their position when it is already abundantly clear. If you cannot produce the promised "objective facts" then I'll just move on to the next person who actually wants to debate and is able to articulate their position.

8. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Steve King-R (IA)

9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

thanks to our policy with china we allowed them unlimited, unfettered access. this was ok when they made trinkets and cheap transistor radios....we should have paid attention when china started stealing our technology as a condition of doing business in china
    see above...clock is ticking.....shouldn't we react?

hopefully trump would have outlasted china's ability to devalue their currency and forced them to trade fairly without stealing our technology

arrogance? me? not so much, but am convinced that we cant go another 30 years with China as our trade agreements are currently constituted

10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

i'll see you king and trump that with omar and aoc :)