Trump Tax Cuts & Tariffs

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Aug 27, 2019.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Like what? And what about the jobs that China killed? Why is that not part of the argument? China was built and subsidized by the American people....

Pain builds growth. You dont go from a fatass to skinny feeling good the entire time.

2. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

it doesn't really matter and I have no idea why you think it does.

within the confines of the law and morality, yes

No, that's just reality guy. There is a nasty side of humanity that has to be checked with laws. History proves it. Everyone is NOT better off when they pursue their own rational self-interests, unless it is within the confines of the law and morality.

Laws are not intended to take human nature out of people. Laws are there to prosecute the bad actors. I never said anything about raising taxes so that must just be another figment of your imagination.

Again, you are making shit up. I never said anything about changing from capitalism. You said that. I've done quite well under capitalism and I am a proponent of it. Why you think I would say otherwise is yet another creation of your imagination.

Only to people like you. Further, this thread is about taxes and tariffs. If you want to discuss pronouns and how people identify then start your own thread about it and go wild.

Nah, having too much fun...

I gave them to you when I started the thread. Go back and read the first post of this thread.

3. Tiger in NC

We aren't the only ones with a vested interest in seeing China brought to heel. The EU, Japan and the US have all suffered because of it. I'd start there and create new trade agreements with the EU and Japan, perhaps look at bringing in some of China's neighbors like Vietnam and S. Korea into the trade agreement and create tax incentives for businesses to move their manufacturing out of China. I would exhaust every mechanism at my disposal that I could use without negatively affecting the American consumer first.

A shit ton of jobs did go to China. No doubt. That being said, since they left technology has changed so many of those jobs to the point that what used to be a factory of 200 workers is now automated and that same factory is run by 25 people. I see it all the time in the furniture industry. Manufacturing was largely done in the furniture triangle around High Point, Lexington and Thomasville, NC. Those jobs left for China during the eighties and nineties. Today one or two have returned but they are shells of the companies they once were and their facilities employee a fraction of the number they did 30 years ago.

China is over 3000 years old dude.

For whom? And at what cost?

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I’m actually bored with you. You’ll run off after you take another L. I’ll leave it alone. It’s football season.

5. Tiger in NC

still nothing, huh? gotcha...

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If you exploit another person for personal gain in an illegal way it's a crime. Salespeople exploit people for personal gain legal evey day. It's called closing the deal. You sell furniture don't you?

LSUpride123 likes this.
  7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Liberals live on the ends of the spectrum. Never see the bandwidth in the middle.

Bengal B likes this.
  8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

both the ADL and the southern poverty law center are corrupt and should be aggressively ignored

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Fun fact: the word "utopia" comes from ancient Greek. The word translated means "no place" and literally means "any fictional place."

LSUpride123 likes this.
  10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

I don’t disagree but the reference was regarding king meeting