Trump White House Bars News Organizations From Press Briefing

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by GiantDuckFan, Feb 24, 2017.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Trump White House Bars News Organizations From Press Briefing
    “Nothing like this has ever happened at the White House in our long history of covering multiple administrations of different parties,” said New York Times editor Dean Baquet.
    http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/president-donald-trump-escalates-attacks-on-news-media-1.13171248

WASHINGTON - The White House excluded some top news organizations from an off-camera media briefing Friday after President Donald Trump sharply criticized the news media as “dishonest” as he addressed a conference of conservative activists.

:cool: fuck the Constitution,.. the 1st amendment can go to hell

I'm Donald Trump,.. "Sieg Heil"

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Kind of like at UC Berkeley.

But I get what you are saying, however in a way its pretty funny. 85%% of their questions aren't related to news anyway. Just "got-ya" questions.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  3. GiantDuckFan

yeah, but it's the precedent that's troubling,.. no matter if they piss you off, freedom of the press is vital, the Constitution has to be defended.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    LSUpride123 and kluke like this.
  4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

If it was ALL top news organizations I would probably agree with you. Since it isn't, fuck the NY Times.

shane0911 and LSUpride123 like this.
  5. GiantDuckFan

it was selective exclusion, CNN, the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, Politico, BuzzFeed, the BBC and the Guardian were among those excluded from the meeting. Not ok, if the White House only allows access to those newsmen that it likes, then we will only hear government propaganda.

America needs journalists who demand answers to hard questions, a free press is requisite to Democracy.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

And none of the journalists who demand answers to hard questions work for the organizations you mentioned.

tirk likes this.
  7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I'm with the Duck on this one. Obama was wrong to go after Fox and AP; And Trump is wrong to go after these guys. I don't like some of the media; but I like don't like Presidents using power as a censorship tool more.

tirk, GiantDuckFan and LSUpride123 like this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Interested in the boards opinion on Obama vs Fox News though

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Yup. He's borrowing a page from Obama anyway. I don't recall if any leftists here got pissed about that when it happened.

"Back in 2009, Obama's Communications Director Anita Dunn gave an interview to the New York Times during which she proclaimed Obama's administration had adopted as policy that Fox News was fake news.

Did the New York Times fear freedom of the press had been eradicated? No, the headline was simply that "Fox's Volley With Obama" was ... "Intensifying."

Ironically, current CNN host and Trump critic Brian Stelter wrote the article."

Most of those media folks who were specifically identified by the Podesta wikileaks emails as being Democratic Party operatives - doing the bidding of the Democrats either by writing articles at the Democrats' request, submitting articles for their approval, etc. - subsequently ended up on the payroll of either the NYT or Politico. As for CNN? Donna Brazile. That's all that needs to be said.

Looks to me like he's denied access to "media" organizations that have and are full of democratic operatives and who have engaged in a purposeful effort to malign and distort every possible story with his name in it. I'm trying to feel bad about it, but.....yeah, fuck it.

LSUTiga, Frogleg, COTiger and 2 others like this.
  10. GiantDuckFan

Cornerstones of American Democracy,.. the President,.. Congress,.. Supreme Court,.. Free Press.
    Fox caters to those who are not liberals,.. but as professed journalists, their rights are guaranteed,.. so back off Obama, and keep your hands to yourself Trump

Frogleg likes this.