Trump's 2nd Supreme Ct Pick

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jul 3, 2018.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I’ve concluded it doesn’t matter because I’ll be disappointed regardless.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

This made me grin, but in a friendly way, not in a mean way.

Like Cuomo said, "Elections have consequences." For a CNN guy, I like him.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I've come to realize....

When gays said they just wanted to "live their lives" and not force anything, it was bullshit. What they wanted was for everyone to accept and embrace their lifestyle or be branded a homophobe.

When Civil Rights activists said they wanted "equal" treatment, what it really meant was equality of outcome, not equality of opportunity.

When activists said they just wanted to make guns more safe, what it really meant was they wanted to abolish the 2nd.

When people said we needed healthcare reform and Obamacare, what they really meant was free healthcare for all, including non-citizens.

So when I see people talk about updating or cultural interpretation of the Constitution....I know what they mean. Scrap it all and start over with free, free, free......everything free except for speech, thought, liberty, happiness.

4. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Speaking of free, it's actually FAR cheaper to wipe your ass with Venezuelan Bolivars than actual toilet paper.

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Well Gorsuch isn’t the right wing demon the left falsely claims nor is the in lockstep with trump as many believe. He actually seems to be an independent thinker and brace enough to vote as he sees fit.
    Don’t jump to conclusions @LaSalleAve

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think I agree that the most extreme factions of those groups you listed did those things and want those things sure. But I don’t think we can paint them all with that brush.

7. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

sure, but try finding some when you need it

8. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

Yea.....no.

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

It's not extremists. In how many states is it now legal for gays to get married? It's going to continue. Can anyone make a statement supporting traditional marriage without being labeled homophobic? Getting fired? Treated to public scorn and scrutiny?

Civil Rights gave birth to concepts like Title IX and affirmative action.....and then the Dear Colleague letter...and Dreamers....and, and, and. Get back to me when any of those programs have a measurement of success in place or a plan to discontinue. I'll let you know where I'll be buried.

You think the #MeToo hasn't yielded all kinds of false accusations and stupid policies? Netflix has a policy barring co-workers from looking at each for more than 5 seconds at a time. If you posted something in the social mediasphere 10 or 15 years ago and it wasn't 100 politically correct, better cover your ass, or you could get fired.

Where will anti-gun activists go now that people with legally acquired long guns are killing people? It CAN'T end with a few limitations. It's got to be all or none.

This isn't extremism. Leftist crap is being taught, fostered, and encouraged in public schools and universities across America.

"In 1990, according to survey data by the Higher Education Research Institute (HERI) at UCLA, 42 percent of professors identified as "liberal" or "far-left." By 2014, that number had jumped to 60 percent.

Over the same period, the number of academics identifying as "moderate" fell by 13 percentage points, and the share of "conservative" and "far-right" professors dropped nearly six points."
    [​IMG]

Kids who don't agree with a teacher's opinion are getting lower grades, bullied, taunted, and made to feel unwelcome. This is the left doing the talking, the adjudicating, the educating. It's not just extremists and they never want what they say....they want more. So when somebody shows you who they are, I believe them.

tirk likes this.
  10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Here's some liberal tolerance. All dude was doing was wearing a MAGA cap.

STRONG LANGUAGE WARNING.

tirk likes this.