Truth about Juluke & Craig

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by kappakall, Feb 7, 2017.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

@tirk is right. It isn't a school standing in their living rooms or looking mom and dad in the eye saying send your boy to me. At the same time, the top recruits look at a school initially based on what the school can do for them. It's a multi-tier experience, not flat.

Most of them say, "not today".

ROY_LA_CA and lsu-i-like like this.
  2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

And amidst all this, folks might remember that the incoming coach also did the same thing out here. Robinson just pulled in Stephen Carr who said that his relationship with him was a big factor in his decision. Now there is no way Tommie wasn't already in conversation prior to signing day. So yes, it happens every year all over the country.

It's a strange business....one of the big recruiting services out here is called Ground Zero and that's where Carr came from. It was started by two dads whose kids play/played at USC. One of them was so pissed at how USC fans talked about his son's play, that he's spent the better part of the last 2 months trolling forums about Carr going to ucla/oregon and other GZ players coming out the next few years. Ultimately, he'll keep his relationship with USC positive because that's how he'll get more kids and their parents to sign up with his recruiting services.

Brian likes this.
  3. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

The root problem is that Division One football is called an amateur sport, but in reality is a huge business.

TigerSnarl and shane0911 like this.
  4. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

You hit the nail on the head these are Kids after all. Hell freaking 17-18 year olds trying to make a decision that might impact their entire life, no one can expect that to end well if it is all the kid's decision. Sad thing is a lot of these parents are as ignorant as the kids are. A lot of that "bling" will sway kids from a smart decision that might get them playing time, maybe no ring but a fat paycheck later on instead of riding the bench and a ring then flipping burgers with no chance at the pros.

LaSalleAve likes this.
  5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

No shit. Somebody needs a Xanax or 2.

6. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

xanax enema

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Wooooooooo

Love the avatar

fanatic likes this.