truthers/conspiracy wackos

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by martin, May 3, 2011.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

as i have mentioned, i dont like when people go out of their way to believe wacky stuff. so in this thread i will keep track of the latest in truther/wacko news.

latest news: steeler RB rashard mendenhall is a truther, tweeting that:

"We'll never know what really happened. I just have a hard time believing a plane could take a skyscraper down demolition style"

presumably this is hard for him to believe because of his vast knowledge of structural engineering.

also of note is that a large percentage of my pakistani/bengali cab drivers are truthers. this is often because they grew up under regimes so corrupt they cannot comprehend that anything is true.

i am curious to see how many wackos claim the bin laden mission was a scam.

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I bet you can name one.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I am curious how much disinformation we are hearing this week that will be debunked in the next couple of months.

Conspiracies as colossal as a Kennedy or 9/11 staged event would be impossible to contain for long.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

well,in the initial fog, details are always fudged. in our thread here somebody said we bombed bin laden. the morning of 9/11 another eyewitness told me the plane he saw was painted green like a military plane. i misunderstood a text the other night and told people at a bar that bin laden was killed a week earlier. truthers seize upon these mistakes and try to misinterpret them.

i cant imagine much information from official channels will be debunked. of course there is stuff like fake photos of bin laden already out, but only morons believed those.

of course.

5. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

You mean like how Oswald had a chance to tell his side of the story?

CIA/KGB/MI5.....they all have effective means of keeping a lid on information....bribery, intimidation, blackmail or assassination keep most people toeing the company line.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i guess i'm a wacko then, because i don't see how oswald did that by himself, especially since he couldn't hit Major General Walker, a sitting target.

7. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

Whenever I bring it up a conspiracy theory am simply picking…though I can see how getting conflicting information like “he was armed, oh wait he was not arm and the girl he was with got shot too…check that he was alone…wait no she was there but she didn’t get shot…oh wait she got shot too…” I think the problem is with the media. They need to SLOW DOWN and wait to get all the facts before reporting.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Facts are no longer the top concern for the main stream media. First is the most important thing; we can always come back and get it right later....assuming the sheople remember that we got it wrong in the first place. Either way, we'll never admit we were wrong, we'll just state it correctly as if that's what we had done from the beginning.

9. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

Yeap…that pretty much sums it up

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

for the record the jfk conspiracies are about 500 billion times less absurd than 9/11 conspiracies.