Trying to play UF Dec 3

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Oct 10, 2016.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Alexander’s preference is for LSU and Florida to play on Dec. 3 in the Georgia Dome and delay the SEC Championship Game by one week in the same arena in Atlanta. That would be the best scenario for LSU and Florida, but Alabama’s Nick Saban would probably have a meltdown cataclysmic enough to shake the ground in Tuscaloosa if that move was accepted. It will take ample power of persuasion and will for league Commissioner Greg Sankey to find a palatable answer to this dilemma.

http://www.tigerrag.com/engster-lsu...xander-on-a-mission-to-save-lsu-florida-game/

Alexander does not want LSU to be a loser financially and competitively because of an errant decision from a rival.

Joe alleva made a statement at the O face presser earlier that we will be playing a home game nov 19th and screw everyone else. Let's see what happens.

2. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Immediately after the conference championship day, the playoff committee selects the 4 team playoff and then the bowl selection shortly thereafter. Not sure the entire college universe would be OK with the SEC's problem. Now, me personally, your problem is my problem and I would do what I can in Tuscaloosa to help where I can.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Thanks man. Put a word in to nick for us.

4. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

I'm going to laugh my ass off if Tennessee goes 5-1 and UF goes 4-2 by mid-November and needs that game to clinch.

furduknfish and Bayou Tiger like this.
  5. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

You're all assuming Bama is going to the SECCG. Tenn and LSU will knock off Bama, Tenn will have 2 losses, UF will have 1 loss.
    LSU and UF will play on Dec 3rd and UF will win then have to play LSU again in the SECCG the following weekend.
    Hey....it could happen.

Bayou Tiger likes this.
  6. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Tennessee isn't getting that luck with Bama. As magical as their season has been so far with comebacks, that's one game that if they don't get out ahead or stay even, they probably won't be coming back from a 21 point deficit

TwistedTiger and Bayou Tiger like this.
  7. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Dam, you bring back bad memories when you talk about UT coming back from 21 put deficits.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Florida has to lose one more game and Tennessee can only lose 1 more game. Tennessee would be 7-2 and Florida 6-2 if the Gators lose to Arkansas. If Florida beats Arkansas and Tennessee loses to Alabama, Florida at 7-1 goes to Atlanta. Let's face it. Tennessee ain't beating Alabama. They are very banged up.

9. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Cubz6imUsAAk3Vx.jpg [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    kluke likes this.
  10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Why would Florida agree to play their home game in Atlanta?