TSA bags another potential terrorist....

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Jun 27, 2011.

1. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I bet than damn cane was a high calibre rifle!

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i was thinking of that incident of the little girl and her outraged parents when i read an article about al aqaeda turning young kids into suicide bombers. unfortunately, it is not a stretch these days to think they would on an airplane if they could. i remember back when we said they would never use women as suicide bombers.

in a way i feel sorry for the tsa agents. they are only following the rules on what they have to do. one sweet agent in nola who was giving me a patdown, and then while doing so on my cast apologized the whole time. she said that because of my cast, the rules for their job said they had to do all those things. you could tell she hated having to put me through it.

i said here at the time that while i understood they couldnt take chances, the shame was not that a simple cast set me apart for high screening, but the fact that we cant profile at the same time. while i was getting a patdown, achmed could have been leading a camel through the metal detectors and as long as that detector didnt go off, could proceed right to the gate. give the high screening to me AND achmed.

3. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Giving up liberty for security = FAIL

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

It's all a fraud anyway. In Orlando last month, every 5th or 6th person was being required to do the body scan. They passed up my daughters, thankfully, then asked my husband if he wanted to do the body scan or if I wanted to do it. I elected to go stand by my daughters.

We were such a "potential threat" that we were able to choose which of us could go through the scanner. Made me feel super-secure.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

i want to be free to carry bombs onto the plane. GIVE ME LIBERTY!

security means giving up some liberty, the question is how much. you point is stupid.

6. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

If the security actually worked you might have a point. But you don't.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

your points was not specific to airline security. your point was a generalization that was stupid.

again, we must give up some liberty for security. your point was wrong, stupid and useless.

8. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

I believe this thread was fairly specific about the TSA.

Your stupidity showed itself.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

so you agree, we do in fact need to give up some liberty for security, even specifically in the case of the TSA. glad to know your original points was so vague and misleading as to be meaningless.

10. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

I do not agree. The govt. is suppose to be protecting liberty not taking it away. Now if the airlines want to go about choosing how they secure their property then I have a choice not to use that airline.

Once again you miss the larger picture.