TSA bags another potential terrorist....

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

The body scanners are very important. There is no way that anyone could sneak a weapon on a plane if they have to go through a full body scanner. Making an old lady take off her diaper isn't very smart. I think that there should be behavior profiling in airports. The kind of profiling they do for drugs. When I was on a cruise there were police talking to each person as we boarded the ship in jamaica. A couple was sweating buckshot in front of us and looked stoned to the bone. The cops swarmed them. The cops said give us the weed and you can go or if we have to find it you're going to jail. The dude took his shoe off and gave the weed to the cop. That's how we should be doing airport security. Let screeners do good police work by profiling the behavior of a person that looks suspicious. That's how el al does business. I don't have a problem with behavior profiling or the scanners. I don't have a problem with a person that looks like he is from Pakistan or Egypt being asked a few questions to see if he stutters and seems nervous. Nothing is wrong with asking someone a few questions if he seems suspicious. How is any of this taking away liberty?

2. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Just sit in your chair and let big daddy govt. take care of you. They know exactly what you need and how to take care of you.

Please...

3. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Having a big gun doesn't make you safe. Oh wait I forgot why we were attacked. Rich and free makes them mad..

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The TSA was created by a Republican administration, you know. What makes it a progressive liberal thing? :huh: :lol:

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

so if a budget airline has shoddy security, thats just too bad fore the people in the buildings the plane crashes into?

6. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

You had a large airline hit buildings with people in it.

The govt. is inefficient.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

what?

why dont you answer the question?

i know the government is inefficient. that has nothing to do with anything. try to have a conversation like an adult.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

it doesnt matter why we were attacked, does it. you are distracting the issue. we are discussing the fact that airline security is necessary, not the political reasons you think it shouldnt be necessary. we know you love to say that terrorism is caused by resistance to terrorism, thats nice. but right now we are talking about how it is necessary to make an effort to secure airplanes from terrorists, who exist whether you admit it or not.

9. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I didn't say the tsa was anything. The political correct crap where it hurts someone's feelings to be profiled was the target and you know that's what I was inferring. It's political correctness that's a progressive liberal thing. That's why old ladies and little kids are searched instead of people that common sense says would be the obvious choice. The tsa is being forced by progressive liberal ACLU earthworms to be fair and randomly search everyone equally and fairly instead of using old fashoned police observational skills to pick and choose people that rub you the wrong way and give you a gut feeling that a particular person fits the profile of someone that needs searching. I have been clear on this before and to come with the republicans started tsa crap was dishonest. You knew I meant political correctness and the lefts obsession with not profiling when el al has taught us that, when done correctly, is much better than a random , non profiled method. You are the most liberal thinking self proclaimed moderate I've ever known. At least I admit I'm a right wing conservative hack.

10. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

Huh?? What does this idiotic statement have to do with airline security?