TSA Screener and a 3 Year Old

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex_B, Nov 16, 2010.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Maybe for you, but for guys like me who fly 100,000 miles a year both domestic and international, the odds go up. Either put up with the scrutiny or stay home. They cannot do enough in my mind. I'll take a piss in a cup while doing the hokey pokey if it keeps explosives off of planes.

2. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

That's just it... It won't. Build a better mousetrap, yadda yadda yadda..

Besides.. Airplanes are small time targets. Wait till one of these jackasses decides to sneak a bomb into a college football stadium. Or a soccer arena, baseball stadium, or whatever else. Gonna make a new gov't agency to protect them too? Thousands more scanners for games? Feel up the crowd, teams, coaches, cheerleaders, and mascot? Hell they could check Mike VI (would suck to be the guy that gets that gig..), because after all you never know. A 3-year old girl, a Siberian-Bengal mix... either could be an Islamic extremist.. boogah boogah!!

3. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

I'm curious about the security procedures on your international flights. How do the other countries go about screening passangers? Are you more concerned when flying internationally? Why do you think it is that the US is forcing passangers to submit to this type of treatment when nobody else does?

Are you aware of how rare it is for a flight to be hijacked? The odds of getting shot by someone you know are probably much greater than dying in terrorist attack. It's all a load of propaganda, in my opinion.

4. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

My question to all the staunch 4th amendment defenders: What's your solution to the issue of airport security? How should it be handled in your perfect scenario?

5. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I don't know the perfect solution; I'll be the first to tell you that. Trust me, I'd be capitalizing on it if I did. What I do know is that what they are doing is way over the top and wrong. Wrong for the people they're doing it to, and wrong to the people that have to do it.

I mean, statistically speaking, there are many more common and likely reasons you could crash and burn in a fireball of death than a terrorist attack. You shouldn't have to leave your dignity in the car. Or your wife's.. Or your kid's.. It's BS.

And as I said before.. Why stop at airports? Why not just sweep the whole city and seal it off like the airport terminal.. you know, for everyone's safety. It would create more government jobs. And then the airport would flow much more smoothly without all those pesky lines for scans and body pats. Sorry, I'm just being obnoxious now.. Moving on..

I'm tellin' ya, the bad guys aren't sitting around going "Damn it.. no more attacks, they've got scanners and they grab crotches.. we're done".. They're sitting around laughing their asses off at us living in fear; having our freedoms that they hate so much taken away, and thinking of the next plan to make it worse. We're enabling them.. not stopping them... Just my .02 though.

6. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

Dogs.

7. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

Dogs, personal interviews and metal detectors should provide an acceptable level of security. The Israelis don't do all this crap and I'm pretty sure El Al hasn't been hijacked in a while.

My question is why do the American people just sit there and take it? Where has the spirit of independence gone? This is one area where I disagree with martin about europeans being cowards. Those people will march in protest at the drop of a hat....stop traffic....stop trains....whatever they see fit.

What is it about this country where nobody cares? If it were up to me I would say everybody stay where you are for Thanksgiving...no travel this year. You can go home to visit in a month for Christmas. Can you imagine how badly the powers that be would chit the bed if that happened?

8. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

9. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

10. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

I said it before and I'll say it again. The TSA is a JOKE.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhkQoiaf7Uc]YouTube - The TSA is out of control[/ame]