TSA Screener and a 3 Year Old

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex_B, Nov 16, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If you are pissed at the TSA, and are against the checks, just dress up like a muslim and you should be able to get through.

2. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Ain't that the truth.. lol

3. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Ain't that sad.

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

yep, i think i said it in another thread....

achmed could lead a camel through security and not raise any extra screening flags.

but get a petite blonde that couldnt take down a 10 year old but wearing a cast and its amazing the amount of extra screening.

let me add i understand screening my cast for explosives. i have no prob with that. although i dont understand other things. in addition, racial profiling should be encouraged. instead this country is too damned pc when it comes to security and goes out of its way to be "fair".

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You're still going with that "Petite" thing? :hihi:

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

At Heathrow, the initial screening is pretty much the same though it seems they scrutinize the passports and carryons a little more thoroughly. Once you get to the gate, however, you go though another screening where the bags are emptied and gone though very carefully and you may get a patdown.

Guards and dogs are more numerous as well.

I'm not any more concerned on international flights but then I'm in 1st class so it's not a bad way to meet your maker. :)

7. OkieTigerTK

considering as i said, im not big enough to bring down a 10 year old, yeah, im going with it.:hihi:

8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Not downplaying your inconvenience, but it isn’t the US airports that continue to have explosives, hijackers, etc getting on the planes. Now we have allowed people with weapons on, which is a concern, but our system seems to, at least for now, be working a little better than some other countries. For the record a fair haired, petite, blonde with a cast on is the perfect cover up for a terrorist.:wave:

9. OkieTigerTK

i actually dont mind the screening of the cast. the first time what irritated me was that even tho it passed the screening and i made the other detectors with nothing found, i still got a verrrrrry friendly pat down. while wearing jeans it was pretty obvious were not hiding any weapons.

and i had to take off my sweat jacket but the woman behind me didnt have to take off her jacket tho her jacket was bulkier and could have hidden more. seems hit or miss and arbitrary.

this time, well it was my fault i guess that i failed the explosives detection. i had no idea lotions would leave that kind of residue. so this time they did what they had to do with the pat down and inspecting every thing i had with me and testing it all for explosives. i did wonder what would happen if i flunked again. im not sure it was lotion residue but its all i can think of from what they told me. i could see my ass being hauled off to jail. it is unnerving to know you arent packing explosives but to set off the tsa's explosives detectors. my word against the tsa's fancy equipment....

but again, i wouldnt mind if i saw a bit of profiling going on. muslims scream about dignity, etc. well damn, their kind is trying to blow up more shyt than my kind. but god (or allah) forbid we test them for explosives.

10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

A little pent up aggression there missy. I guess you forget it wasn’t a Muslim that blew up the fed buildings in Ok City. Not saying your point isn’t valid, just that there are reasons to look at non Mulsims just as hard, especially where you live.

Not trying to be argumentative here or downplay your inconvenience, just pointing out that just because you are a petite blonde doesn’t mean you couldn’t be just as dangerous. But you are right, little ladies from Ok aren’t a top the FBI most wanted terrorists lists from what I know.