TSA Screener and a 3 Year Old

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex_B, Nov 16, 2010.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

caucasian christian whackos dont have a history of trying to blow up planes. its muslim crazies that are trying to blow up planes with shoes and underwear.

if you see me trying to drive a ryder truck thru security, then you have reason to be worried. but my tiger striped panties are no cause for concern.

1 person likes this.
  2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I know I read on here that you have an SUV, SUV/Ryder moving van, not much difference. Add to that your cast laced with explosives, and there you have it. You were a prime candidate.lol As for the Tiger striped panties, 1st tmi, 2nd you obviously do have some pent up agggrrrressions, that I'm sure you could find help for.

3. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Don't worry I flew out of BTR this morning an no scanners.

On a side note thanks to Google Holidays program because I got free wifi at 30,000 feet ;)

4. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

So the best alternative to the current solutions is to use dogs and violate only the civil rights of anyone who doesn't look like a WASP? That worked out really well for Hitler... for a few years. C'mon, you guys can do much better than that.

5. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Damn straight. WASPS are awesome.:thumb:

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

They should forget the foolish notion that terrorists are evenly distributed throughout society. This anti-profiling bullchit has gotten out of hand. Grandmothers, babies, and airline pilots don't need to have their crotches fondled. It doesn't improve security one bit. Islamic males between the ages of 15 and 35 who appear nervous and have no baggage should get the full treatment.

Israeli security is the best in the world and they profile like crazy . . . and it works, too.

8. red55

It's the glycerin in lotions. It's also in nitroglycerin. There are some glycerin-free lotions, but I have no idea if they are any good.

9. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

The problem with this reasoning as I see it isn't an issue of political correctness but of "liberty and justice for all". If one citizen or group if citizens is expected to sacrifice their rights for the benefit of another citizen or group of citizens, it's all good until it's your turn to be discriminated against. Then I'm 100% certain you'd sing a different tune and complain about your constitutional rights and civil liberties. It's never a problem until it's you in the crosshairs. I'm not nearly as willing to paint every follower of Islam or every person of Middle Eastern ethnicity with the terrorist brush when I know that there's only a tiny percentage of them actually are.

10. red55

I think they are two issues. Issues where the line between them is blurred and disputable, but not invisible. Clearly "liberty for all" is the overriding goal. I suggest that it does not necessarily consitute liberty for each. Perhaps the best way to insure "liberty for all" regarding American airline security at times requires sacrifices by some.

The People must pony up taxes and obey the laws as their duty to "liberty for all". Soldiers must risk their lives for it. Individual citizens may at times be called upon to make sacrifices for their country. An indignity for some to help insure the liberty of all is a form of service to their country, it may be argued. They benefit in many other ways for being a citizen.

If middle-aged, vaguely viking-looking American redbeards begin blowing up and hijacking airliners, I will understand why they want frisk me at every airport. I won't like it, but it's just tough luck that a number of people like me are crazed. So I have to be checked out. It's only common sense. And since I enjoy being a citizen, I deal with it and do my duty to keep the system moving smoothly.