Tubberville on Auburn's scheduling

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Indiana Tiger, Feb 23, 2005.

1. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Right on! I think if you sign a game contract with another school, and then "back out" of the SIGNED agreement, it should be your responsibility to find a replacement. After all, those that back out are the "chickensh*t" ones anyway.

2. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

No. BG wanted out even after the Auburn admin offered to match what OU was paying out...something about the BG AD was an OU alum or something and was just dying for his team to play in Norman.

3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Exactly. IndianaTiger, do your research a little better.

4. Indiana Tiger

Indiana Tiger Founding Member

Makes sense. As I was doing a little research, I came across this:

5. Indiana Tiger

Indiana Tiger Founding Member

I'm trying...

6. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

The only conferences that should have to play a 12th game are those without a conference championship...

7. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

No one i$ forcing any $EC $chool to play a 12th game. A$ide from Vandy, I can think of over 11,000,000 rea$on$ everyone el$e is the league i$ for the extra game.

Even the bottom feeders in this state are thrilled because LSU has all but agreed that UL-(pick your town), Tulane, and Tech will be given the first chance run into town for the check. Whoa... Make that just ULM. High and mighty won't come to Baton Rouge after 2006 because there is not a return game in the Superdome.

8. CajinTigah

CajinTigah Founding Member

Maybe I am wrong, but even when tubby is right, it seems like he is whining.

9. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Whether Auburn SOS was 5th or whatever means nothing.

A majority of reason why Auburn caught so much flak last year was because of its sad OOC schedule. There SOS was high because of the SEC.

But a lot of voters voted OU strongly ahead of Auburn because OU played Oregon and Bowling Green while Auburn played St. Marys School of the Blind and North Dakota Junior High.

10. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

It would not have mattered if we played FSU and Michigan for OOC games. The media got what they wanted.

And the whole OOC schedule argument is bogus anyway. Remember LSU's OOC schedule from '03, with the powerhouses of Western Illinois, UL-Monroe, Arizona, and LaTech? Yeah, it didn't matter, 1) because we play in the SEC and 2) because the rules happened to be in your favor that year, unlike for us in 2004.

Not like it matters anyway...I say black, you're going to say white no matter what...I know you guys too well. :)