Tubberville on Auburn's scheduling

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Indiana Tiger, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Thorny

Thorny Founding Member

First of all, Auburn wasn't in Miami because they weren't named Southern Cal or Oklahoma. Playing BG probably wouldn't have helped with the revamped BCS formula. It's just a cruel irony that BG dropped Auburn to play OU.

Second, this is all about money. Big schools (including LSU) create their budgets around having 7 home games every year. What a crock--that's an admission that not every school is on an even playing field. Why can Florida get away with playing FSU on the road every other year and UGA at a neutral site every year? That means that some years, there are only 5 home games in Gainesville. Nobody is saying that Florida's Athletic Department is short on cash.

Speaking of money, tell me again why the LSU Athletic Department gets no appropriated funds from the state, while millions are going to the S***ts? For that kind of money, they should at least lift the NFL blackouts in Baton Rouge.

Lastly, if the presidents want more games, tell me again why are they against a playoff.

GEAUX TIGERS

2. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Yes, without any doubt, it would have.....there is a reason why Auburn has had numerous articles mocking it.

Yes, we do play some patsy's....Got :crystal:?

Not at all. I think this site enjoys Chips, Peabody's, and others analysis but when stupidity is brought forth.....we like to mock it

3. Indiana Tiger

Indiana Tiger Founding Member

I disagree on every point here. The media hates us is the real bogus argument. How did the media effect the computers? AU was going to be ranked behind USC and/or OK as long as long as they were undefeated, and this was due to your OOC schedule. Your SOS, at least the one that seems to matter, was weaker than both OK and USC's.

The only reason our OOC schedule in 2003 "didn't matter," was simply because of luck. If you reversed the result of the Hawaii/Boise St game, or probably any of a dozen or more other games not directly involving LSU or USC, and USC would have played in the Sugar, not us. If the same rules were in place last year as in 2003, AU would still have finished 3rd. It was about your OOC schedule and AU being unlucky in the sense that "it mattered" this time.

Finally, some here may argue with you because of your species of tiger, but I'm posting based on the strength of your argument.