Tubby doesn't fear the noise???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by captainpodnuh, Oct 22, 2003.

1. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Just received this email from a friend of mine. I can't verify the information, however, I deem him to be a reliable source. I just don't know how 'close' his friend is to Tubby. If it's true, we need to change Tubby's opinion this Sat night...

"Just a little story for everyone to think about come 6:25 Saturday evening. I was talking with a buddy in the golf business over in Alabama. Anyways...big, Auburn alum. He's good friends with Tubberville and most of the coaches. We were talking yesterday about the game this Saturday. He was saying that Tubberville doesn't mind at all coming into Tiger Stadium. It's pretty loud, but he said Tennessee and Florida are much tougher stadiums to play in, mainly because the seats are so much closer to the field at these stadiums. They prefer coming to LSU rather than several other SEC stadiums. They claim the crowd really does not affect their execution and game-plan as much as the LSU faithful believe. For those in Tiger Stadium this Saturday night, please address this matter."

2. TitanTiger (AU)

TitanTiger (AU) Founding Member

I heard that he also didn't practice this week by piping in crowd noise. That arrogant bastard! [​IMG]

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Any SEC team worth their weight shouldn't affected if they keep their heads in the game. If they let it get to them then that where they mess up.

4. SovietGator

SovietGator Founding Member

Why should Tubby be worried about the noise? Florida went into death Valley with a true freshman QB and came out with a convincing victory. Until you destroy Auburn at home Tuberville won't think otherwise. Neither the LSU fans nor their noise won the game in 97' against UF, in 01' against UT, or against Auburn for the Earthquake game.

If you have never been to the Swamp for a UF/UT or UF/FSU game then you can't say LSU is louder, same goes for a UF/UT game in Neyland Stadium. Going to the Swamp for an LSU/UF game doesn't qualify you as an expert on crowd noise between the two stadiums.

UT and UF are tougher and louder stadiums to play in and their homefield winning %'s prove it. Sure LSU beat Florida last year in the Swamp, but don't try to compare the two stadiums based on that game.

5. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

The crowd noise was a factor in the UGA game. Both Greene and his linemen struggled with signals. Hell, even our defense struggled with calls b/c of the noise.

Having witnessed the game in '97, the noise did have some factor. You said that attending an LSU/UF game in the Swamp did not make you an expert on crowd noise, not any of us.

If the team comes out all jazzed up, the crowd noise will have a factor, whether Tubby thinks so or not.;)

6. JETigER

JETigER Founding Member

TIGER STADIUM MAKES THE OPPOSING TEAM PLAY BETTER.

tubby just gave more evidence tiger stadium is the best place to play college football in the world

TIGER STADIUM ISNT THE LOUDEST, ISNT THE HARDERST PLACE TO PLAY.

but it is the BEST place to play.

7. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Bullfeathers!!

The Gators snuck out of Tiger Stadium with a win this year!

:geaux:

:lsug:

8. SovietGator

Lafitte,

Your tongue was planted firmly in your cheek when you typed that right?

The Gators played a horrible game offensively as they always do under Zook and Zaun and still won, and the young Gator D shut your heralded potent offense completely out. Zook also sat on the ball and went conservative in that game as he always does. Zook is the worst HC in the NCAA too. Florida's talent has been the reason for wins during his helm.

Zook's coaching philosphy and gameplan are a lot like Gene Stallings'. Zook failed to realize that Alabama had a bunch of junior and senior studs on their defense in the 90's and that Brother Bill Oliver was the defensive coordinator. Think they had Jay Barker and much better assistant coaches too and also won a NC they were so good.

It could have been much worse for LSU. Ya'll layed a HUGE egg at home like you do every season. Florida and Spurrier did it every year too. All teams do it, it is damn hard to go undefeated and win the NC.

Join me in saying "Wait til' next year", as a Gator fan I have been saying that since 96'. :dis:

9. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

I don't think Greene struggled at all with the noise. It was more of a problem with LSU's D playing awesome.

I agree with Soviet as hard as that is.

10. SovietGator

Gee, thanks South. I still guarantee you a win next weekend. I never made a guarantee to the LSU fans, remember that. ;)

Zook lays a big egg next weekend. :cuss: