Tubby to NFL?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by pensacola, Nov 11, 2004.

1. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

Why do we never see Tubby the Great's name mentioned for any of these NFL jobs ? :yelwink2:

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

because the saints and the browns have a coach for now. when the loser teams want a loser name, they may call him.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Tubberville is interviewed on Atlanta sports radio every week. This week they asked him about the NFL and he made a very good statement. He said that he is enamored with the college game and environment, he loves the family atmosphere of the universities, and he loves coaching and teaching the younger players. He also made mention of the fact that a college coach has much more control over his program and players whereas the NFL is an onwers playbox and is designed for players and owners whereas coaches are just pawns in the process. He also pointed out what happened to Walmstead today and alluded to his mentioning of Spurrier's situation in the past.

He was very eloquent of both the NFL and the BCS and made a lot of sense on both topics. He retated that his idea on the BCS would be to not have any polls at all until mid October and to have the plus one championship following a matchup of #1 vs #4 and #2 vs #3. I have to admit his interview today was very good, including talking about the events of last season and last year's team not meeting expectations.

4. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Tubby and NFL in the same sentence. Thanks, I needed that this morning.
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

'Cause the NFL knows what kind of a-hole the Tubby-one can be. He would do something stupid--dance on the logo of another team, or smoke a cigar after a win, and end up getting targeted and beat'n to a pulp.

6. danky

danky Founding Member

lol...looks like cajdav was the only one who might have actually graduated from here.

7. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

More like fondling and molesting the younger players.....with his ears...:thumb:

8. lsuk

lsuk Founding Member

ive heard hia name mentioned for the miami job as their fourth or fifth choice

9. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

My spouse had me landscaping yesterday and I thought about the Tubster...I was digging up some elephant ears.... :grin:

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

wtf is a walmstead?