Tuberville comments on Dorsey hit....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bayoupirate, Oct 21, 2007.

1. bayoupirate

bayoupirate Founding Member

2. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

On blackberry can someone please give me quotes!

3. LSUguy31

LSUguy31 Guest

"We do not teach it. We will not teach it. We won't tolerate it," Tuberville said. "There's no place for that in college football."

"Because the block was unintentional, Tuberville said Ramsey would not face any discipline from Auburn coaches."

Does anyone else have a problem with this logic? There's no place for it, but it wasn't done intentional... so he just happened to fall i guess and hit the legs. Nice try Tubby boy. That's delusional logic at its best.

4. LSUguy31

LSUguy31 Guest

here ya go:

Tuberville on Dunn, Dorsey

Posted by Evan Woodbery October 21, 2007 3:26 PM

Auburn will have a quick workout today after arriving early in the morning from Baton Rouge. Here are a couple of highlights from Tommy Tuberville's Sunday teleconference. Read much more in Monday's Press-Register.
    * Receiver Robert Dunn, suspended because of a "practice problem," is still on the team, Tuberville said, but his status for future games is up in the air.
    * Tuberville apologized for what he acknowledged was an illegal block on LSU star defensive tackle Glen Dorsey. Dorsey left the game after the play and did not return. As of this afternoon, there has been no definitive word on the extent of his injury.
    But Tuberville said the play involved no "malice" by Auburn guard Chaz Ramsey, who cut Dorsey low while tackle Lee Ziemba blocked him high.
    "We do not teach it. We will not teach it. We won't tolerate it," Tuberville said. "There's no place for that in college football."

Because the block was unintentional, Tuberville said Ramsey would not face any discipline from Auburn coaches. He also said he didn't expect Ramsey to face any sanctions from the SEC.

5. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

Yeah, I chopped at this guys knees who was just standing there.. I swear I didn't know he was already someones assignment.

I don't think there was malice -- simply frustration.

6. BigWee_TEAMKATT

BigWee_TEAMKATT Victory for LSU!!!

Unintentional my ass. That was as blatant a low hit as I've seen.

7. LSUguy31

LSUguy31 Guest

No there was malice... that was the guy (if i'm not mistaken) who Dorsey dumped on his tubby butt earlier.

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Exactly. I don't see how the other poster could say there was no malice. Almost as bad as Tubbs saying it was 'unintentional'.

9. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

1 person likes this.
  10. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

What do you mean ? You are tolerating it MF'er, it happened and you aren't doing anything about it. Whats wrong Tubby you don't think you can handle Ole Missy next week without him ? Auburn has always had a *hitty attitude since he arrived. (Apologies in advance to the very classy AU fans who post here.) A kid like Dorsey plays his @ss off for his school only to have some coward offensive lineman who's getting it handed to him do something that is illegal and potentially end his career. No Tubby, you are tolerating it pal.