Tuberville comments on Dorsey hit....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bayoupirate, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Most Auburn fans seem upset by it as well, so, it's fair to say that their fans don't condone it.

It looked like an intentional attempt to take out Dorsey's knee. Tubby would never say such a thing, because he's got to cover his butt.

I'm very angry about this.

LSU! :crystal: :lsup:

2. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Deliberate or not, you take action to show that such behavior is not only unacceptable at your school, but to express that you acknowledge how gruesome and career-threatening that hit was. Even if it wasn't a severe disciplinary measurement, anything would have been better than nothing.

Brian
    ~Go Tigers!~

3. justin5

justin5 Freshman

Look, I know our fan bases have our differences but I think we all agree this was very, very dirty. I would argue that our fans are as mad or more mad than you LSU fans.

We may do little things to piss you guys off (cigar) incident, but we don't want to be known as a dirty team. There is no place for that in college football. Tuberville did have to say what he said because admitting it was intentional would be hanging his player out to dry.

This will be dealt with in house by Tuberville. Ramsey will be diciplined. But don't expect him to send his player to the dogs.

2 people like this.
  4. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

A rational post. Tubby can't admit it was intentional, this is true. Its just too ugly to go there. I hope he addresses it internally, and puts an end to it. Its worse than dog fighting, because it involves human beings and their very valuable future being jeopardized, to win a game?

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The kid may have just made a stupid freshman error, but it was still an intentional block. Malice is not required for it to be intentional.

6. edyel

edyel edyel

I am not suprised at all at Tubbs statement and I fully expect the same kind of cheap shot dirty play in 2 weeks.

7. clair

clair Rockets

then suspend your player.

what will be the punishment? he will have to run 2-3 wind sprints.

he could have ended a future NFL first rounders career.

enjoy being ranked while it lasts, b/c once Auburn gets to 4-5 losses, they'll be done with.

8. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

looking at the video repeatedly, it looks like Dorsey got hit a fraction of a second before his right foot came down. A tenth of a second later the right leg is solidly planted and there would have been a devastating injury.

Tuberville improves the public perception of his program if he disciplines Ramsey publicly.

9. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

the thing auburn should worry about is things like this have a way of coming back to haunt you. other teams get to labeling them as Dirty. Coaches get bad reps deserved or not. Who remembers the years the Oakland raiders were pretty much always thought of as "dirty"? I know some may enjoy that rep but most normal people don't. The NCAA always looks a littl harder at schools like this, again whether merited or not, its the perception that does it.

In other words, you reap what you sow. :geauxtige

10. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

What about the linesman standing there looking right at it? No comments from the SEC office on this? I mean, he was looking right at the play. Then they call Steltz for a head to head hit when the rec. was moving? How can you call that when the rec just about moved into the hit?