Tuberville comments on Dorsey hit....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bayoupirate, Oct 21, 2007.

1. meauxjeaux2

meauxjeaux2 Founding Member

ahh gawd,I hope no :tigerhead :geauxtige one makes an "auburn is dirty"video.We win,tubby is a prick,dorsey will be ok,and we win.There is nothing to see here,move along.

2. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I dont believe Auburn is dirty, its the stigma that can lead to that Rep by NOT disciplining players when this happens. I don't doubt TT doesnt condone this type of play. the problem arises when you gloss it over.and it sneaks up and happens again. thats how schools and coaches get labeled, whether its fact ot fiction the moniker is there.

Tubby should give the boy a sideline for the next game, then let him play, be done with it. This sends the boy a message and the SEC, and NCAA a message that Auburn and coach TT don't condone this type of play accidental or not. its more REP control damage than anything else.

A school does NOT want an image like this. One incident does nothing, a series of them does. so the first one is the time to act. small discipline now, avoids large discipline later.

I'm sure the boy wasnt thinking about "ending GD's career, he was probably NOT thinking at all and a sideline game day view might just get that noodle working as something besides a helment holder.

3. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Auburn fans are passionate about their team as are all of us about the SEC. Of course we're always going to defend our team and...as much as we criticize our our team, we don't like to hear it from anyone else.

Most Auburn fans realize it was a dirty play. Those who say "well, LSU plays dirty too!" are also admitting the play was dirty but just trying to minimze the incident.

This is a very easy fix for eveyone involved. The AU player, "Dirty" Ramsey, should be suspended for their next game and the SEC ref who watched the whole thing should be suspended as well.

4. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

We've seen players suspended for a half or an entire game for fighting/throwing a punch. It's impossible for anyone to claim this type of cut block is not worse than throwing a punch. Throwing a punch doesn't threaten a player's career, this type of cut block does.

We'll see Saturday if this guy is in the starting lineup. If he is, that'll say a lot about what type of program Tubby runs.

5. TigerPass

TigerPass Founding Member

Speaking of sending messages, does anyone have the email addresses or phone numbers of the "higher-ups" that we can call and send emails demanding something be done about the players who chop blocked GD as well as the umpire who did nothing?

We....as fans....should do what we can to put pressure on the NCAA and SEC for what could've ended a huge career for GD.

6. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

Good idea. What is sad about this is whatever they do is different then if the chop block would have GD's career. They need to step up and make a statement about this.
    Heck, if there had been no injury we might not even be talking about this right now.

7. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

While discussing bad calls...what's the deal with grabbing a defensive player's facemask or jamming/hitting his facemask from below? We've discussed it before but it seems to continue in both the NCAA and NFL.

Why does a defensive player get called for a penalty for just looking at a QB wrong but a RB, WR, or even QB can grab a facemask when running down the field? I remember the "good old days" when a stiff arm meant hitting the defender in the chest.

I guess it's going to take a broken neck before the refs take this seriously.

8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the SEC to take any public action since a flag wasn't thrown.

And based on this quote from Tubbs, my read is he considers it closed:

http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregi...sports/1193044949154740.xml&coll=3&thispage=1

9. JM Tiger

JM Tiger Founding Member

"We won't tolerate it....but we aren't going to do **** to deter it." Hypocrite

10. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

It might happen. According to espn.com, CLM will review the tape and if he thinks it was intentional, he'll send it to the SEC office. Of course I fully expect the SEC to circle the wagons around their officials since they've become experts at it. What I don't understand is how you can have no less than two officials staring at what happened and not throw a flag. You have the referee in the backfield whose sole job during a play is to watch the O-line, and the umpire upfield looking at the D-line. Standing in the student section, we had no idea about the cut block since they didn't replay it in the stadium, and a good thing too since we may have had a riot on our hands.