Tuberville going to the U?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Blue TurboDog, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Blue TurboDog

Blue TurboDog GeauxTigersGo

He would do it to be in a big market, with an even more "national program", with even lesser competition conference wise, thus giving him an easy opportunity to compete for a :crystal: year in and year out.

2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I believe he was when Jimmy Johnson was there.

Forgot what radio program I was listening to today but they gave the reasons Tub might be interested in the Miami job if it comes up as easier to recruit with all the talent in the Miami area and better chance to win the MNC at Miami than AU b/c the ACC is much less competetive in conference than the SEC. Tub doesn't really bother as much anymore, he has learned or was strongly urged by the admin to keep some of his comments to himself.

3. sojon

sojon Founding Member

i would imagine he's put too much effort into auburn to leave now. although miami has more potential for top players right now, miami is a step down. and miami's fanbase sucks.

4. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

Tubby would be a good fit in Miami. His ego is the key, Auburn will always be second to Bama. Miami is perceived as second to no one, when they're winning.

5. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

IMHO, Tubs will not leave Auburn for Miami. He said yesterday that he had spent several years getting Auburn to an MNC contender and he didn't want to start over at Miami. Then again coaches say lots of things before they move on:wink:

6. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

The Rutgers coach (Schiano) would seem like a great fit for the job. I wouldn't be surprised to see Richt take the job either considering he has an out clause in his contract specifically for the Miami job.

7. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Come writers and critics
    Who prophesize with your pen
    And keep your eyes wide
    The chance won't come again
    And don't speak too soon
    For the wheel's still in spin
    And there's no tellin' who
    That it's namin'.
    For the loser now
    Will be later to win
    For the times they are a-changin'.

8. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

Butch Davis has expressed interest in returning to Miamai and Miami says they would be interested too.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Every coach who has ever been asked the question says the same thing. And they usually mean it, but every man has his price. Nick wasn't looking to leave and had just got the best deal in college football that made him the highest paid university employee in the country. But the Fins just kept upping their offer until it was the best pro deal imaginable $25 million and total control of the program.

But I don't see the NFL showing interest in Tuberville and few universities have the $$$ to offer Tuberville a better deal than he has at Auburn. And those that do can get a better coach than Tuberville.

If The Tube leaves Auburn, it likely won't be for the money. It may be that he still doesn't trust the Auburn administration after the humiliation of Petrinogate. If a school offered him a very secure deal with top pay in a lower pressure situation, it might be the right time in his career to take it. He'll never be more marketable than he is right now.

Or if he had a chance to get a school where he can dominate in-state recruiting and succeed despite the pressure. Look what LSU has meant for Miles and Saban. Nobody thought Mack Brown would leave North Carolina where he was very secure, but an opportunity to recruit in Texas couldn't be passed up.

But Miami offers neither of those things. I don't think Tuberville is going anywhere.

10. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

I think it would be a good fit for him. Replace the big eared Coker with the big eared Tubberville.:)

I think it is possible he would go. It is a high profile school with strong college football history, high profile town, etc etc.

Would I want him to go? I don't think so. I would like for AU to stay strong and not miss a beat so that it gives more credibility to the SEC even if it does make it harder for LSU to go undefeated or win the West. We need at least 2 power houses in the west to keep up with the east. As much as I don't care for Tuberville, I would rather see him stay.