Tuberville going to the U?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Blue TurboDog, Sep 21, 2006.

1. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Tubberville has about a $7.5 M buyout. He is basically stuck at AU for the remainder of his contract. Not even an NFL team would consider dropping that kind of cash. His agent really did him a disservice allowing that kind of buyout in there. Of course, Skip could learn a few things and drop in a big time buyout so the Va Tech debacles don't happen any more.

2. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

How much does Tubby make in a year?

3. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Auburn will not always be second in Alabama, in fact I would venture to say that Bama has now fallen to "the second" team in Alabama. I see no reason that won't continue.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

and UAB is closing in. :lol:

5. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

It's all relative. Yes, LSU dominates in-state recruiting, but our state population is under 5 million. Miami might have to share in-state talent, but the state of Florida is home to over 18 million. The "big three" in the state of Florida are fully capable of stocking their respective fair share of top talent.

Oh, and no old people/Florida jokes.:grin:

6. Nothingfaced

Nothingfaced Founding Member

I think the statistics speak for themselves.

Alabama is what keeps the SEC in business, and Alabama is what every other program in college football wishes it was.

How many national championships does LSU or Auburn have?

7. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

That type of buyout is security. The only pressure CTT has now is the pressure he puts on himself. He wants to win and make a name for himself. Big name coaches usually make their rep by staying at one place long enough to synonymous with a particular school That is why he will not go elsewhere. His agent did a GREAT job giving CTT an environment where he can take chances and not look over his shoulder. Even Lowder doesn't want to write that check, maybe T. Boone would, but very few pockets are that deep.

8. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Statistics from Bama's past are great, but it's the past. We are talking now, and currently Bama has fallen off the map. So yes, Auburn has passed Bama and Bama is now second to Auburn (aka: Auburn's bitch)

9. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Maybe in metropolises like Reform and Eutaw, but the SEC has a lot more going for it than Alabama these days.

10. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

4 conference championships in the last 25 years (Two Shared)
    2 conference championships in the last 15 years
    0 conference championships this century

doesn't sound like a bell cow to me.

I don't think any of the SEC schools currently in the top 10 are wishing to trade places with Bama.