Tulane AD wieghs in about NCAA selection

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mcmikel, May 28, 2005.

1. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

2. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Chicken ****

3. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

He does have a point (beside the one on his head). Why should ULL, the scum, and LSU fight it out for two spots when Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame could earn three spots because of the geographic weakness of midwest baseball.

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

I have said it over and over, so I might as well keep nagging.

I don't want LSU and Tulane in the same Super (if they both win their regionals) because I think having two teams make it to Omaha, or at least play as far as they can without playing each other, would be good for baseball as a whole in Louisiana. I want Louisiana baseball to be seen on the same level as California baseball. Two power houses would be good for LSU and Tulane (their RPI's since they play each other every year),and for Louisiana. And I want Southern and ULL to be strong. For the same reasons.

5. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

If we can't get a Super, I want to be paired up w/ Oxford. We've already taken 2 out of 3 up there once this year.

6. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Where ya been the last few seasons Okie? :grin: Tulane, USL, LSU, and Southern are all doing pretty well in baseball. You can add Northwestern and Southeastern to that list too. 2000 had that "great" showing by USL (seriously, I liked that team,) and then the infamous 2001 season with Tulane... California baseball? I'd even take Florida baseball :wink:

7. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

I like this possibility too. In fact, I think I REALLY like it.

8. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Screw wanting two Louisiana teams in the CWS.

I don't want Toolame anywhere near the CWS.

I want to knock their over-rated asses out of contention

9. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

LSU will probably be paired in Supers with Baylor, Ole Miss.... and will not be paired with Texas or Tulane. It isn't economical.

10. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Careful what you wish for MarineTiger. We haven't done so hot against Tulane in recent history. And they are the real deal this year.

Just you watch though; all Louisiana teams that make the NCAA's will be stacked in two paired regionals, to ensure that only one in-state team can make it to Omaha. I wouldn't be surprised one little bit.

We had a chance to avoid this, by winning a national seed and giving the selection committee no choice in the matter. But we fell flat on our faces in Hoover this past week.