Tulane getting the Screw Job in Cali

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Jun 13, 2004.

1. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Even the anouncers said its starting to look funny around here.

2. edyel

edyel edyel

Watching the game, and yea, some bad calls. Whereas I'm not a big Tulane fan, I don't like ANY west coast teams.

3. DeafValleyBatnR

Tulane man struck out and the catcher dropped the ball so he jogged to first base. the Catcher threw the ball about 10 feet over the first basemans head and Tulane runner went to 2nd then the Plate umpire calls him out because he ran inside the baseline. I have played a lot of baseball and unless that catcher throws the ball in the base runners back you dont make that call. Same umpire made a horrible call at home that should have tied the game up at 4.

4. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

I hate Tulane...but wow...they really are getting screwed

5. DeafValleyBatnR

there was even a play at first base for Tulane runner and he was safe and they called him out. Tulane is getting no help from Blue.

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

:angry: Speaking of bad calls, did anyone else think that the umps strike zone for today's game was a LITTLE LARGE?!?!?

...at least he was consistant with his wide strike zone--so I guess you can't complain too much, but there were a lot of pitches, for both starters, that looked as if they were a good 6 inches off of the plate, that were called for strikes.

I felt that a good portion of Jackson's (I believe was his name) strike outs were set up by getting ahead in the count followed by a GENEROUS called strike, which then forced the batter to swing at bad pitches....

7. DeafValleyBatnR

I think it was better today then last night strikes off that left side of the plate to the pitcher was quite a bit outside.

8. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

That a boy, Madden!

Played bball with him!

9. edyel

edyel edyel

HR by Tulane, 6-5 in the 7th.

10. brian025

brian025 Freshman

The ump seemed to call alot of strikes on the left corner. Aggies got the calls for strikes alot in innings 1-3 while Lane's pitches in the same place were balls. After the 3rd it seemed to me that Lane got a couple curves on the outside for a strike, but the Aggie pitcher kept getting it all day.