Tulane on BIG 12 Radar??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUFAN910, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Uncle Milty

Uncle Milty Founding Member

I grew up 3 blocks from Tulane Stadium. Wonderful school, beautiful neighborhood, great place. OK, the football team has sucked for eons. So what? Why pick on them here? It's like dumping paraplegics out of their wheelchairs.

I think that people lucky enough to be LSU fans, like me, should maybe give picking on have-nots a rest. Just an opinion.

2. LSUFAN910

LSUFAN910 Founding Member

It may be a wonderful school. However, Tulane is not known for athletics. Tulane is no where near the caliber of a team needed in a BCS conference. Also, as a tiger fan, why not hate Tulane? I have always hated Tulane along with most tiger fans. Comparing people who are handicapped to Tulane is not a fair comparison. Tulane is pathetic but comparing Tulane to a handicapped person is not fair to the people who truly have physical disabilities.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

oh. my. god.*

*constitutes legal picking on the have nots as i do it every day of my life and must stay in practice.

4. Uncle Milty

Uncle Milty Founding Member

If you've spent 30 seconds in your life hating Tulane, considering the excellence that is pouring out of Baton Rouge these days, then you might want to rethink that "pathetic" business.

Tulane doesn't in any way figure into LSU's standing in athletics. It's called being gracious.

5. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Somewhere I have a Tuck Fulane button from back in the 70's.

6. married2atiger

married2atiger Founding Member

They probably figure that it is the only way they can get OU to play and win against a Louisiana team in the Superdome

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Could you please let Uncle Milty borrow it? His time spent above the Mason Dixon line seems to have tempered his hatred for everything toolame. Real Tiger fans HATE Tulane!

8. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

What the Big 12 is seeing on their radar is just another UFO.

(Useless Football Organization)

1 person likes this.
  9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

How can a Tiger fan not hate Tulane? It is part of our DNA. I'll explain it like this. The last football game my Pawpaw went too was when we played Tulane in 2001. The old man was 86. He sat and was quiet for the whole game. We scored late in the game to go up 47-17. He flew out of his seat and yelled "go for two." Then he sat down and didn't say much for the rest of the game.

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

the lil 9 wants to keep it texas, ou, and osu on top. cant add anyone that might give them a challenge. same reason ou doesnt want to be part of the sec.

but tulane? then again, maybe with some bcs money, they might be able to raise up to a winning season now and then.

but will even tulane bite at the lil 9? that conference is an implosion waiting to happen, all depending on the whims of texas. no one would take a team like tulane if that happened. tulane is better of staying in conf-usa, where they are a good fit for sports such as baseball.

personally, i think it would be hysterical if even tulane would say "thanks, but no thanks" to the lil 9.