Tulane on BIG 12 Radar??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUFAN910, Oct 5, 2011.

1. BrettStah

BrettStah Tiger Fan

I fixed your post for you.

Seriously, Tulane and LSU haven't been rivals in football in decades. I guess if you're a baseball fan then the rivalry has been there more recently.

2. tboy

tboy Founding Member

I don't think they will get an offer, but I think they would jump at the chance. The money would be considerably more than what they receive from CUSA I'm sure. It would be worth the risk even if the Big 12-10-8 fell apart. They could probably get back in another weak conference later. I mean what do you have to lose--they were considering dropping the program and it isn't getting any better.
    Knowing a few Tulane higher ups, their mindset is that they are an institution comparable to Vanderbilt. Since this is a good argument academically, they would like it to be true athletically also. We look at Vandy as bottom dwellers in the SEC, but they still cash the same check as us. Sometimes they do pretty well in other sports. I was pulling for them in the CWS. Anyway, if Baylor can get a paycheck from the Big 12 why not anyone. That being said, I don't think Tulane has a prayer of getting in because the Big 12 has better options.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Even the young punksters should know the history of their team. The original statement was correct.

4. brjim

brjim Veteran Member

I hope they join. It would be nice to go watch a few Big XII teams come to town when Im there. Its not like theyre a threat or recruiting will suffer.

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

looking like tcu is making their annual jump....

hearing tcu to lil 9backupto10.

6. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Roooollllllll Green Wave!!!!

7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Get a rope.

8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Please. Have you any idea how much better greenies think they are than LSU folks because they pay 10x as much for their tuition (or however much it is)?

Besides, it's not our fault that they suck. It isn't as if our dislike of them in any way affects their performance. So who cares?

9. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Yep .. I'd like to see Boise join the Big 12 ... that way the nation can see why they shouldn't be ranked in the top anything.

The magic at TCU seems to be over. BYU would be a good choice. Noder Dame ..... would be a good addition to the lil 9. I think it would help Noder Dame more than it would help the lil 9 ... ND has kinda fallen off in the last few years.

10. palousetiger

palousetiger Founding Member

Not only Tulane but now TCU to the Big 12.