Tulane on BIG 12 Radar??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUFAN910, Oct 5, 2011.

1. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Can't we all just . . . . get along.:rofl::rofl:

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I've always found him to be a classy guy. Not that I've followed closely but I like him.

3. Uncle Milty

Uncle Milty Founding Member

See there, you've got it wrong again. I spend all my time watching All My Children. And I'm heartbroken, now that such a great, timeless work of art has come to an end. What ever shall I do, without Erica?

Also, I didn't tell you not to do it, I just said that hating Tulane is a stupid and pathetic waste of time. But if that's what makes your cookies bake, then let 'er rip. And lucky you, here in the SEC, you have so many other people to hate as well. Gumps, barners, and whatever you call the other folks, why how could you have a better outlet for hate? Perfect!

4. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I don't have any feelings for tulane one way or the other. I remember them playing some when I was a kid. I think I actually remember tulane beating lsu one time when I was in grade school.
    I see tulane the same way I see ull or northwestern. I see all smaller Louisiana schools as no threat to lsu football thus irrelevant. No hate for tulane. No love for tulane. Tulane is good that it educates kids but is under the radar in football. I save all my hate for bama and auburn. Those two are my favorite to hate on. I enjoy blasting gumps. Tulane , not so much.

5. Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania Go easy on me

Funny. I never realized there was so much hatred for Tulane. I would have assumed, to LSU fans, Tulane was kind of like your little ugly sister.

6. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I don't even see them as a sister. I don't see them in the same class as lsu. They are more like la tech. A small school trying to compete as best they can and offer their students a football program to enjoy. I don't see them negative or positive. They are in a diffrent league all together. Tulane used to be a rival years ago and I guess that carries over to today. There is no way tulane or la tech will ever compete on the national level as lsu.

7. palousetiger

palousetiger Founding Member

In my high school days Tulane was in the SEC and the game meant more. I lived in Alexandria and that was one of the games we would try to make.

8. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

So the SEC is their second choice? Let them die on the vine.

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

No, pal. Defending Tulane is a stupid & pathetic waste of time.

But do you approve of us hating these other teams? Is it not a waste of time to hate them? What, exactly, does that hatred produce? How does it benefit LSU moreso than hating Tulane? And how is it any less of a stupid & pathetic waste of time? Enlighten us. You seem to have some advanced knowledge about ostensibly inconsequential human tendencies.

10. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I'm 41 and remember when we had season tickets when I was in highschool. We played tulane every year then. We haven't played them much the last several seasons. I think our older fans still have the rivalry feeling with tulane. I wish them well , just as all louisiana teams. Not every player can go to big time football teams so schools like tulane let's good players, not elite, have a chance to make Louisiana proud and get a college degree. I don't have any tulane hate. I not a tulane fan but am a fan of Louisiana kids having a chance to play ball and better themselves here at home in Louisiana. We should support tulane because in doing so we support Louisiana kids having their chance to play college football and get degrees that can only help Louisiana as a whole. Tulane is good for Louisiana just as ull, mcneese, ul-Monroe , southeastern, southern and all other schools where young Louisiana men can compete playing ball and better themselves and the community. More degrees mean less poverty and crime plus enjoyment of the fans watching Louisiana kids compete.