Turley rips Saints!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Geaux5000, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Geaux5000

Geaux5000 Founding Member

Here is a direct quote from new St Louis Ram Kyle Turley:

"I love it here in St. Louis, because it's a professional atmosphere where the players come first," Turley said. "That's not what they're about in New Orleans. They're about putting money in the owner's pocket, maybe fielding a decent team and hopefully winning some games -- not that the owner really cares about that. Here, everything is geared toward winning the Super Bowl, from the owners down to the equipment guys, and they're not going to let anything distract them from that. I see now what it's like to be in the NFL and to be part of a professional football team. Back there it's like college, maybe worse. It's such a low-class organization."

2. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

sadly, thats true

i wish benson would give up the team

3. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

Meh -- sour grapes:

This is all roughly translated as "They didn't give me all the money I wanted, so I'm going to run my mouth like the inked up jackass I am."

I used to like Turley, then I heard some interviews with him on Corey Johnson's show and he came off as a total assclown. He kept running his mouth about how he loves the fans, yet I know for a fact that he didn't show up for a personal appearance becuase he took a wrong turn on the way there, got all frustrated and went home.

He also ran his mouth about it not being the about the money and that it was all about respect. Yet he also made it crystal clear that the way you show respect is by giving players the money they want. But remember folks, it's not about the money.

The Saints are by no means a "model organization", but it pisses me off when any player bags on his former team. He's all about "showing respect", yet he doesn't show any.

Dumbass... guess he failed to catch the Rams "Super Bowl geared" program last year.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Sadly everything Turley said is probably true. Turley was my favorite Saint player along with the Beerman. Some owners put everything they have into building a winning team like Al Davis and even Jerry Jones despite the hard times the Cowboys have fallen on the last few years but some team owners are just in it for the money like Benson. Its a real shame because Benson was already super rich even before he bought the Saints. It would seem like with his wealth and at his age his greatest accomplishment would be to be able to accept the Lombardi Trophy from Paul Tagliabue after winning a Super Bowl. The man is in his mid 70's and already has more money than he can ever spend. You would think that somebody with the business sense to have accumulated the kind of wealth that Benson has would be capable of putting together a winning first class organization
    if he gave a shit about the fans who plunk down their hard earned dollars year after year supporting losing teams.

5. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

What I'd like to see is for the lieutenant governor's office to buy the Saints. There would be a number of advantages. First, there would be no possibility of the team moving. Second, we're subsidizing them to the tune of $18M a year--might as well float a bond and buy the team at that price (30 years=$540M). Finally, as badly as the state government does everything, they sure can't do any worse than 1 playoff win in 36 seasons.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Turley's right.

7. Perple

Perple Founding Member

So, apparently Turley had a lousy time in college too? I don't like a lot of what the Saints do, but seeing him ragging your own college? Whiney A** Prima Donna..

"Hi, I'm Kyle Turley do you have my money? Ok, Now I'll permit you to interview me."

8. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Turley's right.

Why would he lie?

What he says about Tom Benson is true.

I hate to say it, because Tom Benson is a nice guy and went to my old high school.

He's also very sexy.

;)

9. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

I'm not a Saint fan nor am I an enemy of the saints. I've always been a Shula fan. Colts and now dolphins. I hated he retired from coaching. Back on topic..I've always said; at the pro level, the Saints and cubs have the most loyal fans out there. No matter how bad a season both still pack the house. The chicago Trib is the hold up for the cubs like Benson is for the saints. Look at the players the saints have had and the cubs that went on to successful careers with other organizations. Manning was wasted during his career, Danny was one of the best in the game. It's pathetic. Saints and Cubs buy and sell excellent players every year!
    Good Luck!

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Yes but the Cubs are lovable losers while the Saints are just losers.

Did you know that no team with 3 or more ex Cubs on their roster has ever won the World Series?

When you say that Danny was one of the best in the game are you talking about Danny Abramowicz? Danny Manning was a basketball player. Archie Manning was the quarterback who is the father of Peyton Manning and Eli Manning.