Turley rips Saints!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Geaux5000, Jun 5, 2003.

1. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

I totally agree with him. The year Benson sells the team is the year they win the Superbowl...you watch!!

2. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

Danny Abramowicz! I didn't know how to spell his name!

3. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

Either that, or the year he moves the team to LA :)

4. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

Benson would never survive in LA.

I do not have a problem with an owner that wants to make money, but I do have a problem with an owner that does not realize that sometimes you have to spend some money to make some more money. With the success of the NFL and big TV contracts it does not take a genius to make money off of their team. It does take a smart business person to make money while also running a consistantly succesful and professional organization. This is not Benson. He is milking the Saints for all they are worth and taking advantage of the loyalty of the Saints' fans and the big NFL TV contracts with their revenue sharing.
    I do think he showed a lack of class by not giving his staff raises and then later taking them to see his new $6 million yact.
    I also think though that Turley is whining. If he does not like the food he makes more than enough money to bring in whatever he would like to eat. He also was probably not that well like by players and coaches.