Turning Towards 2005

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Carface

Carface What the...?

And I'll go off the deep end if I hear one more "Matt Flynn is the answer" statement.

2. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

On a 2005-related note, I wonder if Ryan Perriloux has taken note of the fact that Vince Young is now 110% the man and a mortal lock to start in Austin for the next two seasons...

Consider Vince's play, then consider what we've seen out of the QBs in Baton Rouge. Which seems to offer the better opportunity for playing time in the near future?

3. BB

BB Founding Member

:lol: Me too...

Nothing against the QB's - I know there is a learning curve for one and a confidence problem with the other...

50 yard runs, 50 yard screens, and fumble recoveries for TD's are fantastic (in fact, they are the most fun to watch), but it's just a fact of life that this offense is going to be forced to throw a forward pass, down the field at some point. I have no doubt that it can and will be done, but things have looked like 1970 out there lately. The forward pass is a must...

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

After the phenomenal play by V Young against Kansas, single-handledly bringing them back from the depths of defeat (plus some money changing hands but we already went there), Perillous (that's my new name for him) now has to rethink what he is seeing out there.

Young isn't good enough to come out early as a junior, but he is too damn good to bench for the next 2 seasons. Does Ryan wanna wait 2 whole years to see any PT (not counting mop up duty)?

I say he is a Tiger next season. Watch and learn kids.

5. BB

BB Founding Member

Is it me, or did Alabama give us more single coverage than the Paris Hilton Tape?

6. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

With a win this weekend, LSU finishes the year 7-0 at home and winners of their past 9 home games.

Can't help but notice that 7 of 11 games in 2005 are at home, including Auburn, Tenn and Florida. Throw in non-confs like N. Texas and conf. games like Miss. St and Vandy and, hell, it's pretty hard not to pencil in at least 9 wins right from jump.

JaMarcus still has three games to progress, plus a full offseason in which to bond with what should be (unless I'm forgetting someone) all of his skill position starters returning for next year.

Those offseason 7 on 7 offensive "voluntary workouts" should be fun to watch, I'd imagine. :hihi:

7. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

Anyone know?

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

The problem isn't just with our QB's, as people and CNS have stated - the receivers aren't running their routes as practiced. Davis, Bowe - who won't be having family issues anymore hopefully, Doucet & Carter will all improve tremendously this off season. Think about that, our star reciever, Davis, is a sophmore with nothing much more than mop up duty under his belt from last year. This is a very young team (77 out of a 99 person roster are freshmen and sophmore I read) and has made rookie mistakes this year. Come the off season, this team will be able to look back at everything they learned on the field with experience and apply it. I won't predict any National Championships, but I think we can look forward to some really good things from this team next year. GEAUX TIGERS!!!

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

A good mid major like Louisville or S. Miss would be great. Since we already have one BCS team in Az St you can bet your last dollar it won't be a really good team but both of those schools are dangerous, especially the Redbirds.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Less than a year to go and we still have a TBD? Geez. These schedules wereonce set for years in advance. Times sure have changed.