Tuscaloosa Paper.....Fran mad @ "hoax"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger Dabbs, Nov 20, 2002.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

but Saban never spoke directly to the press in any way about it until after the game. I guess CDF took that as a lack of consideration or and endorsement.

Excuse me? Saban was on Finebaum's show the week before the game. I think he was trying to cool down Bama fans never suspecting that Fran had a burr under his saddle too.

2. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

Francis's phone call......

:D

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

This is my last word on the subject:

The Sporting News article pretty much said it all. By his own admission Fran jumped to conclusions based upon undocumented hearsay. Therefore, Fran was wrong in this instance and that's all there is to it. Let it go Bama Fans. You cannot defend his actions. Hopefully he'll learn from it because if his reputation is besmirched it will affect recruiting. And with the scholly limits he cannot afford to give anybody ANY ammunition. On to Ole Miss!

4. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

Hey Tiger Dabs, good art work. :D lol

I have lots of those kind of files, they are funny.

Here is Forrest Gumps dawg.

5. Great stuff Dabbs

6. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

thanks...

now I am finished with the squabble talk. Let's whip the hell out of ole misses....er ole miss.

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

You guys are missing one point...

and I'm not faulting your for it. It has to do with not being able to listen to Paul Finebaum. Paul Finebaum and Sally Jesse Raphael are two peas in a pod. He is all about ratings which leads him to do anything possible to incite both Alabama fans and Auburn fans.

The very last place you will find any of our staff is in front of a radio or reading an article about what Finebaum has to say. He is persona non grata at the Capstone. (The same can be said for the Internet.) I could delve into why but that is a different story in the first place. I would imagine Saban had no idea who he was invited to be on the radio with or what kind of a character Paul is. In a nutshell, showing up on the radio and disputing the "hoax" on Finebaum of all places isn't the quickest way to squelch a "hoax," it only served to perpetuate it.

I'm not calling it a lack of judgement on Saban's end....he just didn't know.