Tweet about JaMarcus Russell

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Blue TurboDog, Jun 20, 2010.

1. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

The revisionist history is remembering JR as one great LSU QBs. Just because he could throw the ball 400 yards while on is knees didn't make him a great QB at LSU. Nor did going #1 in the draft.

I remember a good QB, with tons of talent potential , that never put it all together. In fact, I'm sure you could find plenty of threads full of people calling for Flynn after his numerous meldowns.

JR was an above average QB while he played here. He was a great LSU teammate, worked hard, followed the rules and represented the university with class.

...right up until he graduated. Then he became a worthless d-bag bama boy.

1 person likes this.
  2. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

So even though he was more efficient, more accurate, took fewer sacks and threw fewer interceptions than the guy who preceded him, he never put it together? Sorry but that makes no sense.

And the fact that there were threads clamoring for the backup doesn't mean anything. The most popular player on the team is always the backup QB. And it's not like TF has a wealth of level-headed and sane posters to begin with. Those threads were started by the same kind of morons who start "Fire Miles" topics today. Some people are never satisfied.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Bottom line, Flynn led the most prolific offense in LSU history and no one even close to it (39 ppg).

The offensive weapons were a wash between 2006 and 2007. The line was probably better on the 06 team (thus the sacks given up went up in 07). JR would have had many more sacks had it not been for how strong he was to basically get his way out of trouble. Again, pure physical talent would get him out of jams.

I think the 07 team with JR loses 3 games.

I think the 06 team with the 07 version of Flynn wins maybe all of the games (no more than 1 loss).

JR was a very talented QB who could not read defenses nor had any pocket awareness. He just wasn't a football player in the truest sense. All of that became abundantly clear when he arrived in the NFL. Didn't help that his work ethic was atrocious.

4. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

There's an 85 percent chance that your speculation is just that, speculation. Also, the 07 team rushed for 1000 more yards and 10 more TDs. Think maybe that contributed to the higher ppg in any way?

5. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

The dogpile is hilarious. :hihi:

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

who will have a better pro career? Jamarcus or Flynn?

7. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Perrilloux

8. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

9. aztiger

aztiger Missing Crawfish & LSU

He's a D-bag now.....but that play at Arizona State was one of the greatest plays I have ever seen in person.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i still don't think that was a catch. but i will take it.