Two Interesting LSU Meet-Ups

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu_mackey, Jan 9, 2011.

1. lsu_mackey

lsu_mackey Agent Purple

First, before leaving the hotel in Dallas, my buddies and I went to Denny's to grab a bite and while I was outside a family walked by. Everybody but one of the teenagers was decked out in aTm gear so I made a casual comment of "Geaux Tigers...looks like you're in mixed company!" and the mother stopped and started telling us how her son was Russel Shepard's ball boy back in high school.

She kept raving about our fans and how much her son adores Shep and I told her we all wish he would get more touches but hopefully next year once Ridley is gone. She agreed and said that Shep loved LSU and would do anything his coaches asked of him. We talked for a good 15 minutes but it was interesting to hear a personal account of Shep. She mentioned her son bought a personalized fathead of Shep from high school that he hung on his wall.

SECONDLY...tonight, after we got home, my girlfriend and I went to the local bar, Baker's Street in the Woodlands, TX, to go watch the end of the Colts - Jets game. We were decked out in our gear from the drive and as we're sitting there I see a tall guy looking schnazy walk by our booth. He does a double-take and looks as if he is going to say something but his buddy prodded him along.

I knew right when I saw him he played for LSU but couldn't put my finger on who it was. No sooner than I thought he comes up and says "You guys LSU fans?" We both said yes and he just smirked...I then said "You're a player, aren't you?" He grinned and strutted over to a booth.

I turned to my girlfriend and said "That's Terrence Toliver...the MVP of the Cotton Bowl." She couldn't believe it and right then he came back and chatted us up. We both congratulated him and told him we were at the game and had just driven back. He heckled an aTm buddy of mine and I asked him about Les leaving...he just grinned and said "I don't know man, I'm not with the team anymore."

We just shook his hand again and he walked off.

Pretty great ending to a beautiful LSU weekend.

(Sorry for the length, had to tell somebody)

1 person likes this.
  2. Louisiananimal

Louisiananimal Wesley Austin

Great story! thanks for posting! enjoyed it!

3. agsoldier

agsoldier Veteran Member

So wait he is entering the draft now.

4. lsu_mackey

lsu_mackey Agent Purple