Ty Thomas and Big Baby returning next year?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUweezie, Mar 20, 2006.

1. geauxTIGERS44

geauxTIGERS44 Freshman

Terry Martin Jr. will only be a sophomore next year, but he can't play until second semester. He was rated the 17th SG of the 2005 highschool class. Martin averaged 7.4 points and 1.9 assists in his first and only 7 games.

Dameon Mason will have 2 remaining years of eligibility and averaged 11.9 points, 5.6 rebounds, and 1.7 assists over 30 minutes/game while playing in the Big East for Marquette last season. I've seen him on the bench for some of the home games, and appears to fit in well with the rest of the team. He will be a good one.

With the addition of these 2, the return of Tac (hopefully he won't have to start, although he is the only true PG), and the continued improvement of G-Temp, we should easily replace Darrel Mitchell's production and even have more depth.

Could a win over Texas in the Elite 8 change Augustin's mind?

This team is going to be scary good next year

2. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

not really...baby needs to lose more weight...and tyrus needs to gain some.

3. SEChoops.com

SEChoops.com Founding Member

If Tack doesn't start please tell me who in the name of God will dribble the ball from one end of the court to the other for the Tigers?

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I also hope Tack doesn't start. Whether he can dribble or not, he's out of control and our team is better with him on the bench.

5. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Heh...at least they seem relaxed... :thumb: :hihi:

6. Adam4848

Adam4848 Founding Member

Garret Temple can dribble the ball even though he only averages about 5pts a game he has shown the pressence to shoot.

Anyone else predict us starting in the top ten?:grin:

7. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

We would have been in the preseason Top 10 this year if we would have had Brandon Bass.

8. SEChoops.com

SEChoops.com Founding Member

Tack is completely out of control at times but this team would be more of a threat with him in the lineup. Duke will use its guards to press the Tigers and you will see what Im talking about tomorrow. Darrel has done a commendable job running the point for the Tigers this season, but he is not a PG. Its a lot more than getting the ball past half court and initiating the offense its about setting tone too. I have seen DMitch on numerous occasions fail to bail out the bigs when they have the ball in the backcourt. A good PG comes back and gets the ball.

Im not sure that Terry Martin Jr or Dameon Mason has the skills necessary to run the point effectively either.

I really think Tack will start to calm down and be more effective at the PG position.

9. pheroy

pheroy Founding Member

I really, really hope you're right and Tack comes back next year with a good head on his shoulders. I didn't see the little bit that he played this year but those who did tell me he was the same ol' Tack, so I don't have as optimistic a view. Temple has shown me more than I expected as a PG this year though, so maybe he'll be the guy. Someone among the 5 guards we currently expect for next year certainly needs to step up at the point, it'd be a shame if we had so much potential squandered.

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Doubt it. We will miss D Mitch.