Typical "off season " type question

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by westtxtiger, Jan 15, 2011.

1. westtxtiger

westtxtiger Founding Member

Anyone ever notice that both the Tigers and the Packers have helmets that have a somewhat gold tent to them but both have lighter yellow pants that aren't the same shade as the helmet ? I was looking and the Redskins actually wore a gold pant this year that was close to our helmet color. Don't harpoon me, just board watching this game !!

2. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

It's like that for a lot of teams. Have you seen Pitt? Tennessee? Our uniforms don't have as big of a difference.

3. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

I always mistake the Packers road jerseys for LSU at first glance because of the pants and helmets. Just change the green to purple, move the stripe on the shoulder and change the "G" on the helmet to an "LSU" then you have our jerseys.

4. Crawfishsam

Crawfishsam Freshman

Another reason to love the Packers.

The Atlanta playoff game reminded me of the LSU-Alabama games when you looked at the uniforms.

Glad the best team (with the yellow pants) won as I am a Packer fan.

Regarding LSU's colors, if you check out the LSU Football Press Guide they have the color numbers for our purple and gold and you may be able to compare them with the other teams' gold/yellow color schemes.

5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

What about the Vikes?

(Also gotta like Stephen F. Austin.)

6. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Not to be argumentative here, but I'd think all of you woulf know by now, that in regards to LSU's helmets and pants, they are gold not yellow. Of course you have to be color blind to think that they don't look really close to yellow.

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

You get that alot with helmet/pants color comparison. Look at just about any school/team that has white helmets. The white basically ends up looking off-white when compared to the pants.

Oklahoma St for instance, have white helmets that ACTUALLY look darker when next to the white pants.

8. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Damn it's got boring compared to the excitement earlier in the week. 8 more months till kickoff

9. Herb

Herb Founding Member

You mean like these tents?

[​IMG]