typical smoke

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by danthetigerfan, Jun 19, 2004.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Thanks for the evidence 99, I vote the idiot guilty of not having a brain and his sentence is to be banished some where where they have no internet connections for a period of not less that 5 years.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

so the team has no talent and the coach sucks. How might a team get to the CWS with terrible coaching and NO talent. baffles the mind.

3. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

At first I thought the douche that started this thread was just stating his opinion, but after seeing his comments posted after we lost to Florida, I now know that he is just a negative person. From what I see, he'll never be happy unless LSU brings home the national title in EVERY sport year in year out.

4. tirk

DING DING DING we have a winner.

5. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Overreaction.

The venting and overreaction that we see from some after a LSU loss is not really constructive. Folks should try to control themselves.

The majority of LSU fans still like our chances in this CWS.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Well, I don't really like their chances but I'm not giving up.
    Let's see all of the coaches here decide before the game if Smoke should go with Meier or an injured Mestepay. It's a lot harder to be a genius before the fact.

7. tirk

<<<<meier game one Lane game 2 or 3 if 90%. Nate game 3 since he coulda settled down. wait, we lost one?

8. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

There are varying opinions on why we lost to Miami but I feel that one of the most glaring reasons we lost was because Stavinoha went ofer2 in the first two innings with runners in scoring position. If he had gotten a hit either time, especially in the 2nd inning with the bases loaded, I think that the Miami pitcher is knocked out. I do think that Smoke should have started Determan in view of the fact of Nates' recent performances. But all that happened is life and baseball. We are not going to win them all. The LSU bb program is still one of, if not the, premier programs in college bb. The goal of course is to win it all but sometimes it has to be enough just to say you were able to compete for it all.

I go back to the old argument about Dan Marino. Just because he never played on a Super Bowl championship team, was he a loser? Does that fact diminish his career? Same way with this team. If it doesn't go on to win the CWS, will it mean that they were a failure? I hope not. As I have said before, you don't always have to take home the #1 hardware to be considered a champion. If you give your best and play with integrity and represent yourself , your family and your school in a positive way, then that should, in the end, be enough. IMO!

9. tirk

youre right mike....exactly. he gets a hit in either at bat then Carrillos pitch count is way too high and they pull him. different emotions in that game if so. I also think if determan had started, knowing now we needed someone who could locate with this moronic ump, we woulda been fine as well.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

What you people don't seem to understand is that Determan hasn't been a part of the starting rotation all year. Why would Smoke all of a sudden start him for the opening game of the CWS over Bumstead. Sure Bumstead sucked against the aggies but he had bounced back from a game he sucked in earlier in the year and pitched 4 or 5 good games in a row. If Smoke had decided not to start Bumstead Determan wouldn't have been the replacement - Meier would have gotten the nod.

If Mestepey hadn't gotten injured its likely LSU would have won. LSU scores 5 runs in the first two innings and no way Lane lets them catch up.