Tyrann Mathieu is going to be outlawed by the NCAA

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 9, 2010.

1. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

I 10000000% agree with this; my wife even noted this. What is the deal he stared returning punts then he started playing soft coverage?!?!?!? Did he have to sell his balls to do this?? He has seemed off for the last several games.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Peterson's a top 5 draft pick, maybe even top 3.

3. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Mathieu=Troy Polamalu clone. Kid just has that playmaking knack. GD he's incredible at forcing turnovers.

4. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

He got beat on some nice throws and nice routes tonight which happens, but it happened quite a few times...

He seems to give a big cushion to WR's and allows QB's to just throw underneath him. He's better than that and should make the WR work for every catch. Not to mention he gets blocked out of plays easier than he should.

5. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Kinda like Chad Jones. Anybody remember in 2007 in Oxford when he took a blind sided peel back de-cleater? He went from vertical to horizontal, back to verticle in like a second and a half. Amazing athleticism and funny as hell to watch. The Ole Miss dude was like, "damn, what planet are these LSU guys from anyway?!" Kinda like that Miss. State dude who got leveled by Lafell and Loston in seperate games in different years.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I dont think people understand how unbalanced being a CB really is. You basically start each play off with odds against you being that your back is turned. Especially with PP playing so much man.. Not to mention a number of push offs.

Again, PP played what he could about as perfect as you can.....Fuller isnt just some player......

It seems that sometimes people expect PP to walk on water and zap all ballz with supper man eyes if they come his way.....

Dont judge the guy off a few catches you see on TV. Way more to his NFL stock than that.....

7. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Good post. Cornerback is by far the hardest defensive position to play. You can do everything right on a given play and still fail your objective.

8. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

And Chavis was dialing up more soft zone, than man all night long. PP has to play the defensive calls assigned. And some of the catches made against him were extremely well thrown balls where he was draped on the WRs back.

PP will be extremely successful at the next level, despite being projected to Buffalo.

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

+1
    Those passes when PP was in man were pin point to a spot onlly the WR could catch it and PP was on him like a blanket. There are time PP is in zone and there he plays more off as he should. The only thing I fault him on is on runs where he does funnel the runner but doesn't seem aggressive in tackling.

10. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Awesome! He comes in low & fast, and mixes it up with everyone! Fearless and, yes--instinctual!

QB's wanna stay upright around TM? Work on your leg reflexes and your peripheral vision...you're gonna need lots of both!