Tyrus may sit untill NCAA's

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by macatak911, Mar 4, 2006.

1. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

2. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

He has a high ankle sprain. Those things are hard to predict, but i know that they can linger.

I say let him recover as much as possible until it is absolutely necessary to play him. He has too much of a future to throw away.

3. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

I think that it is a wise decision to sit him out, but it may come back to bite us in the a$s if we lose due to his absence and get a lower seed in the NCAA tourney.
    D. Mitch needs to be healthy, and Big Baby needs to step it up even more!

4. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

According to WAFB Ch 9 NEWS tonight. D-Mitch is about 85% for Saturday's game. (That is from D-Mitch himself)

5. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

That is GREAT to hear! though I wish that he was 100% to help pick up slack.

6. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Based on the fact that we won the regular season conference title, I don't think we'll get any lower than a 4 or 5. If you notice, conference championships haven't always been a great indicator of NCAA Tourney performance. At the same time, it'd be nice to at least go to the SEC Finals. But, I think we have a chance to go far in the Big Dance with a completely healthy team. We've already locked up the SEC Season Championship, I say rest him so that he can come back big when the madness begins.

7. pheroy

pheroy Founding Member

I agree that this is a good thing and smart of Brady to do.

But... man, I have to say I keep seeing comments from him that make me wonder about his mindset: "Our mission is to win that first game in the NCAA Tournament,'' said Brady. Given our embarrassing recent failures, winning that first game is surely a goal. But to state that your mission is such a low target, to set your expectation against past failure, doesn't sit right with me. Brady should be aiming a little higher than that. It seems to me that is one of the mental hurdles he's struggled to overcome -- to set a tone of expecting to be truly nationally competitive in every way, like Saban did.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

In an effort to be critical of Brady, you are reading too much into the comment. Actually, it can be interpreted as a Saban-like "one game at a time".

9. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

10. pheroy

pheroy Founding Member

Right. And Brady hasn't had a pattern of quotes that set lower expectations, such as shooting for 10 SEC wins in an expected down year. But you may be right that sometimes statements are said with a different intent than perceived.

While I've remained critical of him in some respects, Brady has obviously done a good job this year, and I think he's hit a major turning point in winning the SEC outright. But don't try to BS me that he has no improvements that can still be made, and this is one of them. There's no reason LSU's men's basketball program shouldn't expect to be nationally competitive.

I realize that some of my posts here may give the impression that I'm a Brady-basher, but the irony is that on another board that has a much more anti-Brady fan base than this one, I've defended him more. I'm more of a devil's advocate type.